Specialist , Electrical Engineer
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Electrical Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Good place to work, good co-workers. Location is good. Process optimization is a priority. Managers listen to good ideas. Many advancement opportunities.Electrical Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: SPECIALIST ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Job Code: AS20200909-50407
Job Location: Arlington, TX
The Electrical Engineer Senior is responsible for leading design and development of the electrical system components on a variety of flight simulator programs. Responsibilities include management of team performance, creating system schematic diagrams, circuit breaker panel designs, interface diagrams, power distribution, and other designs using CAD tools. The position will work closely with senior level Engineering and Program team members.
- Provide electrical design and development leadership on a variety of simulator programs
- Coordination of design activities with fellow electrical, mechanical, systems and software engineering team members
- Engineering to ensure that designs meet customer, safety and program requirements
- Support peer reviews for engineering designs
- Perform and document electrical load analysis, balancing, etc.
- Support development of Interface Control Documents
- Ability to work with a variety of I/O systems
- Analog and digital component design
- 3-phase power systems
- Support development of hardware subcontractor specifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of electrical engineering technical experience
- 5+ years systems integration experience
- Experience with CAD software, preference to AutoCAD
- Knowledge of PLC, FIO, Racktangle, & VMIC I/O
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset, Linux operating systems
- Strong communication skills and good team work
- Be able to obtain a DOD security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Understanding of ANSI and ASME standards.
- Familiarity with Mil Standard parts
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing
- Familiarity with DELTEK / Costpoint and MRP
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.