Software Engineer Security Clearance.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Code: AS20203112-54611
Job Location: Arlington, TX
This is a hands-on technical software engineering position on the Networking and Infrastructure (NI) team. The successful candidate will support integration and configuration of computational system architecture and system software for real-time simulation applications.
- Improving performance of existing simulator models and algorithms.
- Defining new simulation models and interfaces
- Designing, integrating, and testing flight simulator architectures, networks, software interfaces, and software infrastructures
- Supporting existing and creating new software build environments.
- CMake, self-hosted Git/BitBucket knowledge useful.
- Install and configure operating systems for flight simulators.
- Troubleshooting issues with flight simulator equipment and interfaces
- Managing Linux and Windows platforms and applications.
- Develop solutions to increase automation.
- Communicating with an understanding and consideration of varied perspectives and technical knowledge specialties.
- Showing the ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
- Travelling as needed to maintain existing solutions at customer sites.
- DoD Secret Clearance is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Creation and maintenance of coldstart procedures that are used to install and configure the OS on various Linux and Windows machines
- 6 years of direct software development experience post degree, C++ preferred (4 with Masters Degree)
- 3 plus years Linux development environment
- 2 years of Software Debugging
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Previous simulation system experience
- Management of a software baseline, including branching, merging, building,maintaining, and installing software
- 3 plus years of experience in virtualization solutions (VMware, KVM)
- 3 plus years of experience in containerized development/delivery (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes)
- 5 plus years of experience in concerning compiling and linker infrastructure:
- Microsoft Visual C++
- GNU Compiler Collection
- 3 plus years of experience in Algorithm performance and design
- 3 plus years of experience in HLA/DIS/DDS
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.