Senior Systems Engineer
Arlington, Texas; Dallas, Texas; Fort Worth, Texas; TexasJob ID AS20211002-56440
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job Code: AS20211002-56440
Job Location: Arlington Texas
Job Description: L3 Harris is seeking an experienced System Engineer to provide technical expertise for the requirement definition, design, development, integration, testing, verification and validation of the total training systems solutions used in military flight and maintenance training systems.
- Possess an Active Secret Clearance within one year of employment.
- Lead system engineering development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture development, preliminary design, detailed design, system integration support, test procedure development, formal verification, formal validation, and fielding support.
- Perform requirements analysis using DOORS, DOORS Next Gen, and other system engineering tools.
- Perform system requirements definition, development and preparation of CDRL documentation and other technical documentation that comprise each project’s
- Must be capable of interpreting and analyzing customer documents, defining the system-level architecture, and allocating subsystem requirements.
- Reviews project specifications, generates System /Sub-system requirements, assists in creating component specifications
- Conduct or coordinate system level analysts and trade studies and complex design risk trade-off analysis
- Perform project requirements verification and cross references to test documentation and assists with the development of test plans and test procedures development.
- Understand and implement systems engineering processes on programs and projects.
- Create and update essential engineering documents including specifications, reports, plans, technical memos, and presentations
- Coordinate with other functional engineers to develop requirements, resolve compatibility and interface problems with other subsystems
- Work with the Customer, Project Engineer, other engineers and other departments to ensure that all technical contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical field, such as Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science and a minimum of 9+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience with system concept definition, requirement analysis, design, development, implementation, and verification.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience with the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include all phases of system engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with requirements management using DOORS or DOORS Next Generation
- 3+ years of experience with the development of proposals, including ability to identify, accurately scope and estimate new efforts as needed, development of technical volumes, cost volumes, basis of estimates, rationale, and other supporting documentation.
- Must be able to travel as required (approximately 5-20%).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Two plus years of experience managing other system engineers
- Two plus years of experience with system modeling and simulation software
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®). Working knowledge of project management systems and working knowledge of cost based accounting systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.