Senior Systems Engineer
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job Location: Arlington, Texas
L3 Harris is seeking an experience Systems Engineer to provide technical expertise for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of compliant systems solutions used in military flight and maintenance training systems.
- Reviews project specifications, generates System /Sub-system requirements, assists in creating component specifications
- Performs system-level analyses, determines necessary trade studies, defines, and allocates the functional requirements to subsystem
- Design/develop system architectures, define key capabilities and performance requirements
- Define total systems design and technology that meet trainer requirements
- Define system implementation approach and operational concepts
- Monitors project requirements verification and cross references to test documentation and assists with the development of test plans and procedures.
- Perform system and subsystem integration, technical risk assessment, technical planning, verification and validation, and supportability analyses
- Understand and implement systems engineering processes on programs and projects.
- Create and update essential engineering documents including specifications, reports, plans, technical memos, and presentations
- Coordinate with other functional engineers to develop developed requirements, resolve compatibility and interface problems with other subsystems
- Education B.S. Degree in engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience 8+ years of related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Must be a US Citizen as defined by NIPSOM and be able to obtain and maintain at a minimum an Active SECRET security clearance
Experience with requirements management using DOORS or DOORS Next Generation
Knowledge of SysML principles
Ability to travel up to 15%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.