Senior Systems Engineer Cybersecurity
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer Cybersecurity
Job Location: Arlington, Texas
L3 Harris is seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Expert to provide technical expertise for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of compliant systems solutions used in military flight and maintenance training systems.
- Perform tasking that aligns with steps one through six of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Security Life Cycle ensuring information assurance is included in the design architecture Design and guide development of secure platform solutions for Link’s simulation and training markets
- Interact with customers and integrated product teams to define cybersecurity requirements, trades, solutions, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Perform risk assessments on training system and their applicable subsystem components
- Supports in hardening various operating systems and network devices
- Perform Self-Compliance testing against requirements baselines
- Monitor program execution throughout product development lifecycle to ensure cyber objectives are met
- Lead, advise, and educate engineers on cybersecurity concepts and solutions
- Prepare authorization documentation (e.g. System Security Plans, Security Control Traceability Matrices, Plan of Action & Milestones, Security Impact Analyses, Risk Assessment Reports, etc.) to obtain Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals by government agencies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical field, such as Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science; Master’s preferred
- Possess CISSP certification, or equivalent, in accordance with Information Assurance Workforce Improvement (DoD 8570.01M), IASAE Level II.
- Possess an Active Secret Clearance or be capable of obtaining a DoD Secret clearance as well as DoD Special Access Program clearance
- Risk Management Framework experience (all phases) per DoDI 8510.01
- Experience with architecting Cybersecurity concepts into trusted communication and computing platforms for real-time application deployment in distributed network environments
- Able to review applicable technical implementation guides, information assurance vulnerabilities advisors, etc, and determine implementation at the system level.
- Familiarity with ICD-503, DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, DoDD 8140, NIST 800-53, and CNSS 1253.
- Experience to obtain ATOs for DoD Information Systems
- Experience with developing secure Operating Systems in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Prefer 8+ years of Cybersecurity engineering experience
- Must be able to travel as required (approximately10-20%).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with vulnerability assessment and monitoring tools, such as ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, Splunk, etc.
- Full systems development lifecycle experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.