Senior, Software Engrg
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Modeling Simulation Engineer
Job Code: AS 202002506-47065
Job Location: Arlington, Texas
The principal activities include extending the capabilities of our Modeling & Simulation system, utilizing high-performance computing environments that include Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), massive memory and visualization capabilities, high-speed internal networks and interoperability with external virtual and live systems. Other activities include all-spectrum geospatial and dynamical entity constructive modeling in all domains (undersea to space, cyber, and EM), analysis of systems and sub systems for current and next generation real-world systems, scenario definition, simulation setup and conduct, results analysis, and adjustment and validation of the models until required results are obtained. These simulations will support military system design/trade studies, performance assessment, and system test.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in computer science, software engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other quantitative discipline with demonstrated technical experience (e.g. Applied Mathematics)
- Minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience or post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
Must have the ability to:
- obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Develop and maintain Software requirements, as well as unit test code for real-time computer Software Units
- Integrate and compile software components into builds and test in target environment
- Perform limited troubleshooting of defects and proposes solutions to problems
- Execute test procedures and documenting test results are desirable
- Learn via On-the-job training across multiple Lab Test Engineering roles and functions
- Develop mathematical models
- Design and analyze experiments to validate models
- Implement new features targeting dynamic simulation
- Develop vehicle/sensor/environment simulation using constructive and virtual simulation tools
- Work with the customer to define and create relevant simulation scenarios within Constructive and Virtual environments and toolchains to support M&S of next-generation platforms, avionics, sensors, etc.
- Produce analytic briefings using Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and present to fellow engineers, program managers and leadership, and L3Harris customers
Must have experience:
- Working with AFSIM and/or other military and COTS model, simulation, decision support tools to support operations assessment; as well as lessons learned development/refinement experience
- Strong analytical, coordination, and communication skills (oral and written) and ability to work independently
- With Matlab and Simulink
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current active security clearance a plus.
- Knowledge of Joint and individual service Doctrine, CONOPS, TTPs
- Scripting languages such as python, bash, and perl desirable
- Knowledge and experience of virtual machine and/or Docker container configuration and development is desirable
- Agile development methodology and Atlassian tools
- Machine learning, data analysis, and advanced algorithm design and development
- Knowledge of computer networking and Internet technologies (TCP/IP protocol stack)
- Knowledge of data transport standards such as Data Distribution Standard (DDS), protobuf, etc.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Familiarity with one or more DoD and COTS M&S frameworks, e.g. AFSIM, NGTS, MACE
- Familiarity with one or more 3-D gaming engines (Unity, Unreal)
- Experience performing MS&A on solutions using Cloud-based technologies.
- Experience with structured and unstructured Big Data and applications to Machine Learning
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit