Senior Program Management
Arlington, TexasJob ID AS20210302-56059
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Manager Program Management
Job ID: AS20210302-56059
Job Location: Arlington, TX
Job Description: As a Senior Manager, Program Management, for Strategic Innovative Programs, you will communicate, organize, plan, and control one or more projects, programs, and/or proposal team for the advancement of modeling & simulation (M&S) and training capabilities for external and internal customers. Primary customer contact and voice of the customer, and are responsible and accountable for complete program(s) execution including quality, cost, schedule and performance.
This position is an integral part of the Link Training and Simulation Division’s research & development (R&D) portfolio, which focuses on innovation and advancement of M&S and training capabilities for Joint All Domain/Mosaic Warfare.
- Achieve overall program and company financial and growth commitments.
- Responsible for one or more R&D programs ranging from $100K to over $200M
- Experience in proposal development and as capture lead
- Manage all aspects of the program to include cost, schedule and technical performance with a thorough and active knowledge of earned value measurement techniques
- Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) presentations
- Program Management Review (PMR) presentations
- Estimate at Complete (EAC) documentation
- Risk, Issues/Opportunity Registers
- Ensure aspects of the program such as risk management, configuration management, property management, subcontract management, security, and contracts are executed in accordance with contractual/purchase order and division requirements
- Work synergistically with the program Chief Engineer for the success of the program
- Ensure delivery of all contractual/purchase order items
- Work with company functional leaders to plan, staff and execute the program
- Primary interface to the customer on behalf of the program
- Present management data and metrics at program meetings and customer reviews
- Deliver Program Management Review/Estimate at Complete (EAC) presentations to company management
- Lead proposal generation for the program
- Support development and execution of new business strategy for the program(s)
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Strong program execution with 7+ years’ experience managing multiple programs/projects and staff
- BA or BS, preferably a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in defense related M&S or training
- Possess broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams or manage across the function
- Proven background managing customer engagement and interaction
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (soft skills)
- Experience with building and maintaining a properly functioning internal and external Integrated Project Team (IPT)
- Results driven and mission oriented
- Must be able to travel 10%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Some technical experience in R&D of M&S or training capabilities
- MBA, MS or equivalent
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) programs
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development
- Experience with multi-domain/mosaic warfare operations with a focus on M&S or training
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.