Arlington, TexasJob ID AS20212701-55714
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Manager (Top Secret Clearance)
Job ID: AS20212701-55714
Job Location: Arlington, TX
Job Description:The Program Manager (PM) will lead multi-functional teams in the proposal and execution of Department of Defense communications technology programs while maintaining responsibility for cost and schedule performance.To be considered for the role, candidates must have an active DoD TS Clearance.
- Monitor and report status on cost, schedule and deliveries using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodology and tools
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Purchasing, Finance, and Quality to support on time delivery
- Identify continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Coordinate with customers to identify opportunities and solutions and provide issue resolution across the program lifecycle, including proposal, production and support.
- Lead proposal preparation, including technical description, statement of work, and cost/schedule estimation
- Provide concise reports to management on status, potential issues, risks, and solution recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to progress in uncertain environments
- Strong leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Proven proposal writing experience
- Advanced customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years similar relevant experience as a Program Manager
- 4 years professional experience with DoD proposals
- 1 year professional experience with Earned Value Management
- Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Must be able to travel on occasion
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Engineering or Technical degree highly preferred
- Program Manager or Project Manager experience in a DoD Prime or Subprime contractor company
- Master’s Degree in Engineering AND 4 years PM experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.