Lead, Program Scheduler
Arlington, TexasJob ID AS20210604-59287
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Scheduler Lead
Job Code: AS20210604-59287
Job Location:Arlington, TX
Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines. May lead or participate in scheduling status reviews.
- Works under general supervision. May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization which include customers or vendors. Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices and approaches. Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area. May conduct briefings with leaders.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area. May develop new concepts or standards. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are undefined, where information is difficult to obtain. Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Implements strategic goals established by leadership. Establishes operational plans for job area with short-term impact on results (e.g., less than 1 year). Provides input into new products, processes, standards and/or operational plans that will have measurable impact on the achievement of overall function or business results.
- Interface with all functions at all levels in creation and maintenance of schedule data including presentation of schedule activity status, and gathering of status in meeting with all functional levels.
- Analyzes program schedule status (resources, schedule duration, activity constraints, relationships of activities, critical path)
- Performs special project and studies as required. Performs varied program planning, scheduling, and monitoring of an involved nature, such as assist senior planning personnel by researching and gathering specific data, i.e. resources, schedule duration, activity constraints, relationships of activities, and interdependencies.
- Analyze historical program performance data to develop schedule and cost estimates in support of responses to proposal requests.
- Assist in the creation and development of proposal schedules, and in negotiations, audits, and fact-finding.
- Participates or contributes to process/quality improvement teams or initiatives. Identifies and recommends improvements to processes, practices, or materials which lead to positive results in quality and efficiencies. Supports or implements performance driven changes in processes and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly Internal Program Reviews and required US Government reports.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DOD security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 9 years of prior related experience
- Communicates with contacts in own team to explain and interpret information.
- Contributes to systems and processes changes in work routines.
- Works to achieve operational targets that impact team results.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Working in a team environment supporting various organizational needs.
- Be an active participant in maintaining a high level of quality and pride of workmanship within the Program Finance Office.
- Software PC skills including: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word & Power Point.
- Good communication skills required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.