Lead, Program Management - Secret Clearance
Arlington, TexasJob ID AS20202008-49594
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Program Management - Secret Clearance
Job Code: AS20202008-49594
Job Location:Arlington, TX
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Work is guided by individual annual goals and objectives with minimal oversight or direction. Frequently responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees across the Company within area of expertise. Frequently responsible for managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization which include customers or vendors. Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices and approaches. Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area. May conduct briefings with leaders.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area. May develop new concepts or standards. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are undefined, where information is difficult to obtain. Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Implements strategic goals established by leadership. Establishes operational plans for job area with short-term impact on results (e.g., less than 1 year). Provides input into new products, processes, standards and/or operational plans that will have measurable impact on the achievement of overall function or business results. May have budget or Profit & Loss (P&L) accountability for the department.
- Strong program execution with 7+ years’ experience managing multiple programs and staff
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Must have active Secret security clearance OR have had a Secret clearance that has expired less than 2 years from today’s date.
- Possess broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams or manage across the function.
- Experienced in Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Proven background managing customer engagement and interaction
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (soft skills)
- Experience with building and maintaining a properly functioning internal and external Integrated Project Team (IPT)
- Results driven and mission oriented
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Execution of L3Harris policies, procedures, and processes.
- Drives metrics and identifies trends
- Implements change and serves as a change agent
- Understands and can navigate complex compliance processes
- Ability to execute all aspects of the program assigned
- Experience implementing continuous improvement efforts or projects
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.