Lead, Program Finance
Arlington, TexasJob ID AS20210604-59286
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Finance Lead
Job ID: AS20210604-59286
Job Location: Arlington, TX
Job Description:Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the budget for large and/or complex programs. Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis. Conducts detailed financial analysis. Interprets and implements most proposal estimating, pricing and documentation requirements. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors program adherence to approved budget. Mentor junior analysts.
- Develop Annual Product Line Plans for Key Metrics (Annual Operating Plan, Monthly forecasts): Orders, Sales, EBIT, Cash, Net Cash, Throughput
- Using EVMS processes with a focus on cost and schedule integration, work with Cost Account Managers, Program Managers, and Financial Analysts to develop program EACs.
- Tracking Trends in Performance for SPI/CPI, IEACs, TCPI
- Prepare / documentation and signoff of Quarterly Financial Baseline (PSR)
- Timely preparation of monthly Internal Program Reviews with key focus on preparing team of FA, PM, PE, and Schedule to present effectively and provide support.
- Perform Risk & Opportunity analysis with early identification of R&Os to program EACs and forecasts.
- Early warning of EAC issues
- Establishing risk mitigation plans
- Identifying opportunities for EBIT / ROS improvement
- Supporting Sales Acceleration initiatives
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization to include, but not limited to, Senior Level Program Team, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, SOX, Outside Audit Firms, Program Finance Team.
- Support of internal and external audit requests.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 9 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Software PC skills including Excel, Word & Power Point.
- Experience in the defense industry
- Experience with Micro frame Project Manager (MPM) or EVMS forProject preferred.
- Experience with Cost Point Financial System, Cognos Planning, and Cognos data query preferred.
- Good communication skills required.
- Experience with CDRL Reporting
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.