Geo-Spatial Software Engineer Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Geo-spatial Software Engineer Lead
Job Code: AS20213103-58975
Job Location: Arlington, TX
This position calls for an Engineer that has experience and interest in leading a team of geospatial developers in the design, development, and deployment of new Real-time, Global, Geospatial Digital Twin environments. The needs for this position include tasking for software engineering to develop pipeline tools and proprietary image generation software for our specialized training systems. The Engineer will have strong GIS, 3D modeling and visualization experience as well as software application development and advanced scripting experience.
This position offers a unique opportunity to help shape and influence the geospatial database development for all our simulation platforms. Candidates will be passionate about innovation and driving for improvement of established processes and pipelines. Experience in authoring white papers, technical narratives, and working on proposals is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, or related Engineering discipline, and/or equivalent experience/training
- 6+ years of software development
- 4+ years of geospatial/3D modeling development
- 2+ years of LINUX scripting and development
- 2+ years of team/project leadership
- Industry experience with many/most of the following areas:
- Geospatial Information Systems
- Simulation technologies and solutions
- 3D Modeling Tools (Creator, Maya, 3D StudioMax, etc.)
- Geospatial tools (Photoshop, Global Mapper, ArcGIS, FME, Terra Vista, ArcGIS)
- C++/C# development
- Python scripting (or similar)
- Comfortable context switching and working in a dynamic environment across varying disciplines/responsibilities.
- Must be effective at time management, facilitating meetings, planning, execution, risks identification, management, and mitigation.
- Ability to prepare resource, effort, and time estimates with a high degree of reliability.
- Results driven with experience working in collaborative environments across organizations.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Active DoD Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain one
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.