F-18 Test Director
Arlington, Texas; Dallas, TexasJob ID AS20201604-44481
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: F-18 Pilot Test Director
Job Code: AS20201604-44481
Job Location:Arlington, Texas
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Test Director (This is not a Director level position, this position is in the Systems Engineering department) to provide technical expertise for the testing, verification, and validation total training systems solutions used in military flight and maintenance training systems.
- Participate in all phases of system design, including requirements definition
- Subject Matter Experts (SME) for their application
- Manages Hardware & software system integration
- Conducts mission environment testing
- Lead all test effort; system tests, acceptance tests, configuration, scheduling, and customer interface
- Write test plans, conduct tests, document results, and ensure discrepancy resolution
- Manages discrepancy review boards
- Monitor and control testing aspects of the program for cost, schedule and technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (customer users, USAF, USN SMEs)
- Good analytical skills
- Experience interfacing with customers and end users
- Ability to explain technical concerns to customer
- Ability to lead a team of engineers
- Self-motivated to address, evaluate, and if necessary, correct testing concerns
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and the associated environment
- Organizational skills and integrity to run a rigorous test program while holding to the contractual requirements
- Naval Flight Officer experience in the EA-18G as Pilot or EWO
- Current Guard or Reserve experience a plus
- Ability to work weekends and off-shifts as required
- Ability to travel to site for installs and upgrades
- 6+ years of related experience
- Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, Computer Science, or Engineering degree
- Weapons School or Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor experience a plus
- Prefer 6+ years of aviation industry experience
- Experience in use of simulation training devices and products
- Test experience
- Demonstrated experience developing long-term business relationships with the customer or end user community
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.