Cloud Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Cloud Software Engineer
Job ID: AS20211404-59735
Job Location: Arlington, TX
- Software engineer will assist in the design and support of advanced cloud network solutions. Responsibilities include collaboration on design and development of cyber-secure cloud infrastructures and managing off-premise computational resources.
- Excellent opportunity to learn advanced concepts from and work with senior level engineers who are pioneering novel solutions in the field of cloud computing.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of work experience in technical field such as CS, CE, SWE.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must understand basic networking and have a desire to learn more.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and possess the ability to collaborate effectively with teams to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with strong organization skills.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Possess Cloud based architecture experience, writing apps for any cloud is a positive but not a requirement.
- Familiarity with RedHat Enterprise Linux, Windows system administration and operation
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols, software, hardware
- Experience with scripting and automation tools—Ansible, Packer, Terraform desired but not required
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous development tools—Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes
- Troubleshooting experience-- problem solver, logical/critical thinking, resourceful
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.