Aerospace Software Engineer (New Grad - Arlington, TX)
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Aerospace Software Engineer (New Grad - Arlington, TX)
Job Code: AS20202112-54517
Job Location: Arlington, TX
L3Harris is looking for entry-level aero, flight controls, propulsion, aerodynamics, and aircraft systems modeling software engineer who will design, develop, document, test and debug applications for real-time aircraft simulation products.
- Develop high fidelity, scalable, physics-based Aerodynamics and Aircraft Systems Software models for training systems Real-Time simulation applications
- Support functional requirements implementation for software systems
- Create new simulation models using established and new modeling techniques
- Design, develop, code, integrate and test simulation software to meet requirements
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing simulation models. Apply software engineering principles to complete assigned tasks and schedule commitments
- Apply sound engineering principles, develop innovative solutions and participate in design reviews
- Prepare, check and coordinate release of support documentation to appropriate program and company standards
- Communicate status/issues along with solutions/recommendations to lead engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Intermediate level of C++ and/or other high order languages
- Ability to navigate and develop basic scripts in LINUX
- Version control over code
- Thorough understanding of aerodynamics effects, weight / balance, drag, Ground Interaction, atmosphere and equations of motion
- Basic understanding of aircraft systems modeling and simulation
- Must exhibit creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Must possess the ability to work within and positively contribute to a team environment
- Coursework experience in Flight performance, aerodynamics, stability and control analysis, Propulsion system analysis, Computer Aided Engineering Tools
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit