Systems Engrg Specialist
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID AS20211404-59770
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. SpecialistSystems Engineer
Job Code: AS20211404-59770
Job Location: Anaheim, CA.
Join us for an exciting opportunity at L3Harris in Anaheim, CA. As a Systems Engineering Specialty GPS Engineer, you will be responsible for the Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Availability analysis, development, design, requirements, maturation, maintenance, and verification and validation over the program lifecycle. The products operate in military embedded real-time systems and can be used in weapons, ground, airborne, maritime, and space environments.
Will plan and contribute to providing innovative Systems Engineering solutions in Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Availability activities consistent with business development plans.
Will contribute to execution of design, build, integration and test activities, problem resolution and verifying that the deliverable products meet all program and customer requirements.
Will provide project management reports as required, support senior level reviews as necessary.
Will provide inputs and reviews of the engineering technical baseline as part of proposal efforts.
The engineer will interface with the program’s leadership and other teams (SW and HW) on a frequent basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide progress status updates on work products.
The engineer will participate in the product development process including design reviews.
- Position requires a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or other Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) related discipline with a minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or a graduate degree with a minimum of 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Reliability, Maintainability and System Safety Program Plans and related MIL standards.
- Demonstrated experience with system reliability and maintainability analyses such as reliability modeling, prediction, and FMECA.
- Demonstrated experience with reliability prediction handbook MIL-HDBK-217F and reliability software tool such as Relex or PTC.
- Demonstrated experience with System Safety Assessment, Functional Hazard Analysis, and Software Safety Risk Assessment.
- Knowledge with failure reporting and corrective action system (FRACAS).
- Knowledge with basic circuit design, circuit schematic, built-in test design, parts derating guideline and circuit card assembly process.
- Active DoD SECRET or higher security clearance, or the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance.
- Candidates with experience in GPS equipment, ASICs, and FPGAs a plus.
- Must work effectively in both independent and team environments.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.