Supervisor, Quality Inspection
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211004-59491
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supervisor, Quality Inspection
Job ID: IMS20211004-59491
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Oversees and monitors the inspection of production materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established quality standards. Recommends changes in specifications based on inspection results. May formulate and revise quality control policies and procedures.
- Direct subordinates to maintain quality and attain output requirements.
- Coordinate with support groups to resolve material problems affecting schedules.
- Participate in establishing and modifying inspection methods and processes by recommending changes in material, equipment and procedures.
- Maintain a variety of records, reports, and inspection documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods, etc.
- Train associates and conduct and/or assign training classes, as required.
- Assure assigned audits and surveillance are completed.
- Interface with internal counterparts in Engineering, Production, Material Control, Quality Engineering, and Contracts.
- Interface with DCMA and customer representatives.
- Direct all inspection, providing technical assistance as needed, approve documents, assign tasks, set goals, know associates capabilities and cross train all personnel.
- Plans and establishes operational objectives for a team with some impact on department results.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Basic supervisory experience such as work scheduling, prioritizing, and process execution. Requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Experience in Assembly Practices, Inspection Skills, Quality Control, Inspection Techniques, Procedures Requirements, Company Policy and Safety Requirements.
- Basic experience with MS office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interpret/follow documents such as: Drawings/Part Lists, Procedures, Engineering Change (EO’s) Shop Orders, Procedure Manual, Work Instructions.
- Six Sigma Green Belt & Lean Manufacturing.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.