Sr. Specialist Software Engineering
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist Software Engineering
Job Code: AS20211404-59769
Job Location: Anaheim, Ca.
L3 Harris Interstate Electronics Corporation is seeking a highly motivated embedded software engineer to join our Navigation Solutions software development team. Successful candidates perform complex professional software engineering assignments requiring expertise covering a range of the GPS domain within a team environment.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
- Able to perform requirements analysis including deriving software requirements from system requirements and documenting the software requirements using a tool such as DOORS.
- Able to transform software requirements and system design into a software architecture targeting a system on a chip containing multiple processors.
- Hands on real-time embedded C development expertise that includes recent lab experience integrating with, and debugging on, target hardware
- Experienced in chip bring up activities
- Hands on experience working in HW-SW Co-simulation environment
- Experienced in developing DOD type software documentation, including requirements (SRS) and design (SAD)
- Prior experience in one or more of following - GPS concepts, standard user host interfaces, signal processing or navigation user equipment, automated embedded system testing, military GPS receivers, position, velocity and timing, Matlab, Kalman filters, digital signal processing or tracking loops
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Platform experience using Linux/Windows, C and GCC
- This position requires the ability to meet and maintain eligibility requirements for U.S. DoD SECRET security clearance. US citizenship is required.
- Position requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline, and 8-10 years of related professional experience, along with a passion to pursue a career in embedded software engineering.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Has experience supporting end user integration
- Has participated in developing proposals
- Is a self-starter, able to individually implement a wide variety of complex hands-on coding assignments, debug, develop unit and SW integration tests, and perform peer reviews
- Leads small teams, develops and reviews designs, estimates and delegates tasks, mentors teammates and determines application integration priorities and version release points
- Coordinates with hardware, systems and test engineers
- Demonstrates an ability to rapidly learn the complex SW architecture and GPS user equipment
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills and has experience presenting technical information to internal and external customers
- Champions software best practices
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.