Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Production Planning
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20222505-82974
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Production Planner
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Job Description: This position operates under minimal supervision of the Manager, Production Planning. This position is responsible for being the subject matter expert (SME) in the proper use and functioning of the mainframe ERP manufacturing planning system. This includes Costpoint, production work order release, material allocations, BOM’s, capacity and load planning, and project and Work Center schedule execution. Minimal supervision of daily activities will be required with considerable independent judgment relative to work activities expected.
- Responsible for managing projects/programs from the time the order is entered to the time it ships to the end customer.
- Subject matter expert (SME) for all planning related activities.
- Reviews Costpoint daily, validates the output for accuracy and initiates corrective action for discrepant issues.
- Interface with Purchasing, Production, Quality and Product Management to resolve issues in support of customer delivery/contract dates.
- Reviews Costpoint daily for actions. Reports to include the exception message report, Allocation of Excess Inventory report, Open Work Order report, Work Center labor and dispatch report, and Project Shortage report.
- Manages the work order process to include revision control, material availability, work order release, start and completion date maintenance, material allocation changes, Work Center labor requirements, material and labor variance analysis, and released BOM’s and routers.
- Assist Work Centers in dispatch report management and execution, work order prioritization and schedule management.
- Creates production schedules and Work Center capacity load schedules.
- Notify the Manager, Production Planning when available resources do not support the production plan (MPS) or meeting the contract date is at risk.
- Manage and execute project production schedules to meet the Master Schedule and contract delivery dates
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college, Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) strongly preferred. Must have a minimum of 6 years related experience and/or training in Production Control, Inventory Management or Production Planning; or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS certification preferred.
- Must be computer proficient and possess the acumen to quickly learn Costpoint as it relates to Production Control and Inventory Management.
- Must have strong understanding of ERP Manufacturing Planning Systems, ideally Costpoint. Experience and understanding of requirements in the requisitioning, purchasing, stocking, control and issuance of inventory.
- Minimum (6) six years experience in production planning, ideally in an environment producing electro/mechanical products for the military. Must have basic knowledge of blueprint readings and interpretation of documentation used in the fabrication and production of electromechanical products. Should have rudimentary knowledge of the processes and procedures required to fabricate, wire and assemble electromechanical sub assemblies, assemblies, and systems.
- Capable of generating moderate to complex spreadsheets and reports utilizing: Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc) and Microsoft Word.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.