Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Software Program Manager
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20221005-82078
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position provides overall direction and management to specific development and production contracts plus internal company programs while heavily influencing profit and loss (P&L). This role is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance, active clearance preferred
- Manage proposal, design and development, product management, and internal research and development programs.
- Program Management
- Manages, with full authority, all phases of a program from inception to completion.
- Manage major programs and interface with all customers (internal and external) effectively.
- Manage day to day aspects of the program, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities.
- Conduct program reviews to ensure that product elements meet the contractual and business requirements.
- Manage budget and determine Estimate at Complete while identifying any cost growths and reasons for growth.
- Perform monthly program Earned Value analysis including EAC, CPI/SPI, and negative variance.
- Lead definition of program management plans (e.g. scope management plan, schedule management plan, budget, risk management plan, requirements, management plan, quality management plan, etc.)
- Achieves program objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage Product Development Processes including all phases of development, phase gate exit reviews and release to production.
- Proposal Development
- Lead work breakdown structure definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and high-level schedule creation.
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal approach and content.
- Internal Research and Development
- Manage small and agile teams to quickly and efficiently develop new technologies for project specific applications and new and emerging environments.
- Establish WBS and project management plan based on business needs for new IR&D given open scope and direction.
- Provide monthly budget, schedule, and status updates to Management for review and direction.
- Broad based technical knowledge and experience in order to lead staff in directing program management related activity across multiple engineering functions, including but not limited to power, controls, software, digital, and mechanical.
- Experience in an agile software development environment.
- Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; strong analytical skills.
- Inclusive management style: able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contracts, Procurement, Quality, Administrative, and management personnel to make strategic decisions affecting the financials of the business.
- Familiarity with the military/defense contracting environment and ability to transfer this knowledge to staff members.
- Stellar communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills for internal and external customers, and direct reports.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation, and arbitration skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance, active clearance preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required (engineering discipline preferred) and minimum of 6 years of prior related technical experience or graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related technical experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience managing complex, multi-million dollar projects or programs.
- Earned Value (EVMS) experience and application.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.