Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Manager, Operations Management
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20232002-97416
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Operations
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
The Sr. Manager, Operations, is responsible for the management of our production resources to support operational execution of the objectives associated with meeting our company financial goals and customer’s expectations. This position also covers multiple sites and shifts and is responsible for driving our long range strategy around how we drive lean manufacturing in alignment with business growth goals, in accordance with management’s planned sales forecast.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of professionals building & executing the strategic roadmap to improve production capability and performance.
- The product portfolio is low volume, low mix with a complex multi-level BOM so the successful candidate will have familiarity managing technical resources to support within this environment.
- Must be capable of translating objectives into a deliverable strategy to achieve business goals and create a competitive advantage for L3 Harris.
- Focusing on building a world-class team, utilizing and deploying E3 (Lean) techniques, driving continuous improvement activities and achievement of superior performance across all KPIs (Key Performance Initiatives) & metrics.
- Manage SQDCP performance in assembly and test across multiple sites and operations.
- Responsible for positive employee relations and engagement.
- Act as liaison between production teams and OPM/PMO.
- Lead a team of professionals to build organizational capability.
- Coach and mentor production leadership at from a managerial level to an hourly lead level to increase their skills and capability in preparation for promotion within L3 Harris.
- Bachelor's Degree (Supply Chain, or related technical area).
- Production supervision and management experience, including assembly and test of complex electo-mechanical assemblies (10 years minimum).
- Strong understanding and use of KPI and metrics to drive SQDCP performance improvement.
- Strong organization and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Demonstrated experience applying lean manufacturing principles in an assembly and test environment.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and drive performance through subordinate managers.
- Demonstrated ability to coach up, encourage continued performance or manage out key leaders.
- History of success working cross-functionally with technical teams to meet production goals.
- Ability to collaborate within a Program Management and Engineering centered organization.
- Direct customer facing experience.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams or manage across the function. Typically has mastery within a specific technical area or broad expertise across multiple related job areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience. Equivalent professional experience and training will be considered in lieu of formal degree.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced Degree (MBA or MS) or equivalent experience
- Experience within the defense contracting industry
- Demonstrated experience driving production increases via all venues (multiple shifts, production capability improvement, etc.)
- Prior experience in a turnaround environment, particularly in situations with concurrent Development/Qualification/Production activities
- Experience with repair operations in addition to OEM operations
- Multi-site experience a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.