Sr. Associate, Quality Engineer (2nd shift)
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211004-59504
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Quality Engineer
Job Code: IMS20211004-59504
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position will work the 2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 12:30 am. This position reports to the Manager of Quality Assurance. Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining quality standards, methods, instructions and quality requirements on assigned programs that are primarily in the development phase of the product lifecycle. Involvement in all aspects of the Product Life Cycle (Concept & Opportunity, Planning, Design & Development, Test & Qualification, and Release to Production). Represents QA as a member of the Corrective Action Board (CAB), Configuration Control Board (CCB), Material Review Board (MRB), and Failure Review Board (FRB).
- Governs established business processes and procedures (e.g., Product Development Process) and generate, manage, and track corrective action reports as required.
- Leads and drives Failure Review Board (FRB) activities and actions applying a Quality framework. Coordinates activities between extended cross-functional teams (e.g., Sustaining Engineering, Manufacturing, Test, etc.) in support of FRB / FRACAS (Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System).
- Serves as focal point for driving root cause corrective actions (RCCA) for quality issues supporting development programs (e.g., hardware and software). Utilizes and implements systematic RCCA and Six Sigma methods, tools, and techniques.
- Part of the review & approval process of test procedures, calibration compliance, release of design drawings (CCB), and test/equipment setup (configuration, alterations or adjustments).
- Supports customer, internal and supplier audits.
- Participates in Test Readiness Reviews. Supports/witnesses inspection and ensures compliance of engineering (formal and dry-run) verification, acceptance, and qualification tests.
- Audits the configurations utilized during integration and test activities (e.g., software, firmware versions, hardware versions, traceability to trouble reports) as documented per procedures/program plans.
- Attendance and participation at program gate reviews for approval purposes.
- Can be delegated as customer representative to witness testing as an independent entity.
- Define Quality Standards, Identify Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements and apply Key Process Indicators (e.g., Goals and quality metrics for products) to be flowed as requirements to program teams.
- Develops Quality Assurance Plans with the participation of cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and minimum three years of experience in a MIL-SPEC or compliance industry.
- Experience in applying Six Sigma Green Belt Principles alongside, Lean Manufacturing body of knowledge.
- Solid experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, MIL-SPEC and government contract requirements.
- Experience with Quality Engineering and Advanced Quality principles (Six Sigma methodology, Root Cause/Corrective Action, DMAIC, Design for Manufacturability).
- Experience working with engineering drawings and documentation, including dimensioning and tolerance per ASME Y14.5 standards.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to apply critical thinking and have the ability to proficiently communicate both written and verbally.
- TIPQA and deriving QA Metrics experience a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.