Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Associate, Manufacturing Engineer
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220206-83421
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Shift: 2nd shfit (2:30PM-12:00 Midnight)
The Manufacturing Engineering Senior Associate, reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering, under moderate supervision, provides Manufacturing Engineering support to the production team(s) to manufacture and assemble existing and future products. The Senior Associate provides manufacturing engineering support and cohesively works with the Operations team at both the Gardena and Anaheim locations. The Senior Associate plays a key role in the review and establishment of methodizing and creation of production processes and procedures to gain maximum assembly efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Manufacturing operations to maintain highest level of productivity and quality possible.
- Evaluate and methodize a product or assembly using drawings, military specifications and documentation used in the fabrication and production of military electro/mechanical products.
- Plan, develop and facilitate the implementation of processes and procedures required to assemble transformers, electro/mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and systems to reduce cost, improve quality and scheduling.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Planning, Quality and Manufacturing to resolve production problems to meet production schedules.
- Develop, maintain and input routers into Deltek database for new and existing products.
- Develop and maintain Operational Method Sheets for new and existing products.
- Design and or recommend equipment, tooling and fixtures required to manufacture products.
- Select manufacturing tools and equipment inclusive of capital equipment to improve production. Must have the ability to create and present to management, written return on investment, ROI (Return on Investment) justification and PAR (Project Authorization Request) for the purpose of procurement of capital equipment.
- Participate effectively in Design Reviews on new and existing products with Design Engineering and make recommendations for ease of manufacturing to improve cost, quality and scheduling.
- Estimate touch labor required in the production of fabricated assemblies, electro/mechanical sub assemblies, assemblies, and systems equipment utilizing estimating tools and the application of learning curves. Prepare Task Definition and Basis for Estimate worksheets for proposal activities.
- Perform time and motion studies and provide recommendations for increased efficiency. Studies and records time, motion, methods, and speed involved in performance of maintenance, production, clerical, and other worker operations to establish standard production rate and to improve efficiency.
- Perform root cause corrective actions to resolve problems utilizing 8D or other Lean tools.
- Lead, implement and sustain Lean Manufacturing and 5S in the assigned team area.
- Monitor ESD control program in the assigned team area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding and at least 2 years’ experience in the processes and procedures required to manufacture and assemble cables/harnesses, magnetics, electro/mechanical sub-assemblies, assemblies, and systems.
- Understanding and at least 2 years’ experience in designing assembly aids, tooling and fixtures.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in GD&T when reviewing and designing drawings.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 1 year of prior related experience. Recent experience in machine shop fabrication and welding is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.