Sr. Associate, Manufacturing Engineer (2nd shift)
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211004-59505
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: IMS20211004-59505
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position will work the 2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 12:30 am. This role, reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering & Supply Chain Technical Support, under limited supervision, provides Manufacturing Engineering support to the production team(s) to manufacture and assemble existing and future products. This position takes a leadership role with supporting Supply Chain to resolve supplier technical issues and improving supplier capacity and capabilities. This position plays a key role in the review and establishment of methodizing and creation of production processes and procedures to gain maximum assembly efficiencies.
- Support Manufacturing operations to maintain highest level of productivity and quality possible.
- Evaluate and methodize a product or assembly using drawings, military specifications and documentation used in the fabrication and production of military electro/mechanical products.
- Plan, develop and facilitate the implementation of processes and procedures required to assemble transformers, electro/mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and systems to reduce cost, improve quality and scheduling.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Planning, Quality and Manufacturing to resolve production problems to meet production schedules.
- Develop, maintain and input routers into MTO database for new and existing products.
- Design and or recommend equipment, assembly aids and tooling required to manufacture products.
- Select manufacturing tools and equipment inclusive of capital equipment to improve production. Must have the ability to create and present to management, written return on investment, ROI (Return on Investment) justification and PAR (Project Authorization Request) for the purpose of procurement of capital equipment.
- Participate effectively in Design Reviews on new and existing products with Design Engineering and make recommendations for ease of manufacturing to improve cost, quality and scheduling.
- Estimate touch labor required in the production of fabricated assemblies, electro/mechanical sub assemblies, assemblies, and systems equipment utilizing estimating tools such as MTM II and the application of learning curves. Prepare Task Definition and Basis for Estimate worksheets for proposal activities.
- Perform time and motion studies and provide recommendations for increased efficiency. Studies and records time, motion, methods, and speed involved in performance of maintenance, production, clerical, and other worker operations to establish standard production rate and to improve efficiency.
- Support Supply Chain with cost analysis, negotiations, supplier capacity and capabilities.
- Support technical Supplier teams and commodity SMEs to resolve supplier technical issues.
- Support Quality with LSC-1 supplier audits as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering highly preferred.
- Must have minimum three (3) years recent related experience and/or training in Manufacturing Engineering or related profession in high tech industry.
- Understanding and at least three (3) years’ experience in the processes and procedures required to manufacture and assemble cables/harnesses, magnetics, electro/mechanical sub-assemblies, assemblies, and systems.
- Understanding and at least three (3) years’ experience in designing assembly aids, tooling and fixtures.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the selection of manufacturing tools and equipment inclusive of capital equipment to improve production
- At least three (3) years’ experience in GD&T when reviewing and designing drawings.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in implementing Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Value Stream Mapping, Design for Manufacturability, or Design for Assembly activities
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Recent experience in machine shop fabrication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.