Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Associate, Field Engineering
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220906-83849
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Location: Anaheim, CA (Position is based in Anaheim, CA w/ 50-60% expected travel)
Under limited supervision, this position provides a variety of high-level comprehensive engineering services to both internal and external customers in factory and in the field. This position will be required to work on high-powered electronic equipment in an industrial environment, aboard ships, as well as commercial facilities. This role will be required to perform emergency and scheduled maintenance and assist in the removal, modernization, and installation of customer equipment and may be required to troubleshoot equipment down to component board level. While in factory, this role will aid in a variety of test engineering tasks utilizing acquired Electrical Engineering skills and general testing equipment including but not limited to: evaluation, troubleshooting, integration, and testing of new and returned assemblies associated with the company's military product lines. Must be able to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and installation drawings. This position may be required to travel for field activities, as needed. Familiarity with Nuclear Navy principles and regulations desired. Must be able to document all test findings, status and initiate procedure changes as required by company procedures.
Position level to be determined based on requisite experience and/or education.
- General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply electronic theory and knowledge to perform operational tests, gather data, analyze faults, and perform repair/upgrade in company military product lines utilizing all available documentation. This will encompass equipment in all phases of product lifecycle, including: prototype and pre-production, production, and fielded equipment and will typically include: PWAs, Subassemblies, Modules and completed Systems, Test Equipment, and proprietary Test Fixtures and Test Sets.
- Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs, tests, and alignments to other company equipment. This includes analog and digital circuitry and appropriate mechanical adjustments.
- Assists in special reports, engineering changes, failure analysis and any other requirements for product improvement and quality. Supports engineering for any required testing, including Qualification testing.
- Attend training courses on theory and operation of power equipment as scheduled and improve current knowledge of state-of-the-art components products.
- Responsible for following all proper safety requirements.
- Operations Support:
- Identifies non-conforming material and initiates Material Discrepancy Reports, FR/FF reports in TipQA, and Break-Out Shop Orders, as applicable.
- Programs and verifies programmable integrated circuits using approved procedures and Quality Assurance software.
- Identifies and initiates changes to test documents using a Quality Test Change Request form.
- Documents information for failure analysis and reporting using the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System and Failure Analysis Reports.
- Must be able to provide field service support bringing new products or product enhancements to market as well as the entire product development life cycle. Supporting member of engineering team from requirements and concepts through design, integration, and verification/validation.
- Field Services:
- Performs field service activities (e.g. verification/validation activities, field change instruction development, tech manual development and markups) in the support of engineering projects or programs.
- Assists in the installation of customer equipment and on-site acceptance testing.
- Complete and submit expense reports and any other associated paperwork covering activities in the field.
- Assists with proper preparation prior to responding to any field effort, including but not limited to; travel requests, security information, checking of test records, installation records, required tools, and any previous modifications.
- Travel from assigned territory as required.
- Performs other duties and functions as required.
Senior Associate, Field Engineering:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience; or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree or equivalent military trade school and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
Specialist, Field Engineering:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience; or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree or equivalent military trade school and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 2 years of prior related experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and be able to drive a rental car.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in mission critical operations (e.g., power, data center, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, nuclear, including military) required.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting power generation, distribution, control systems, and/or electronics systems in a mission critical environment required.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, including:
- Test procedures
- Technical Repair Standard procedures
- Quality procedures and instructions
- Equipment drawings and technical manuals
- Engineering Orders and Design File Memos
- Others as required
- Ability to perform troubleshooting relying on technical data, empirical means as well as theoretical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to set up various test equipment and evaluate the data to use as a troubleshooting aid.
- Must be physically able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, move auxiliary equipment on casters, lift and carry heavy parts and sub-assemblies, and be able to perform the above duties indoors and outdoors during inclement weather.
- Willing to travel nationwide with notice.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess good decision making ability and time management skills.
- Must be very attentive to details.
- Demonstrate the following traits:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Independent self-starter
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret clearance and a U.S. passport.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Graduate of military technical trade schools (e.g. Navy Nuclear Power School (ET or EM), Navy Aegis "C" school, etc.) with relevant experience in maintenance and operations desired.
- Demonstrated experience with Nuclear Navy Processes and Procedures (including Verbatim Compliance) desired.
- Must have experience and/or training with digital and analog circuitry as it applies to power equipment. Broad-based technical knowledge and experience troubleshooting and repairing power generating and distribution systems desired. Previous equipment experience preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.