Sr Associate, Contracts
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20212903-58797
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Associate, Contracts
Job Code: IMS20212903-58797
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position works under the general supervision of the Maritime Power Systems (MPS) Director of Contracts in Anaheim, California, and is responsible for activities related to the full life cycle of contract administration support.
- Proposal development, terms and condition review, and risk assessment/mitigation
- Independently administers and monitors various types of contracts, i.e. time and material (T&M); firm fixed price (FFP); indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ); level of effort cost reimbursement type contracts (CPFF, CPAF, etc.); and other transactions as necessary
- Facilitates pre-award and post award activities in support of projects
- Receives, coordinates, and responds to internal and external requests for data pertaining to contracts in area of responsiblity
- Be the center of the workflow to ensure all required information needed to complete the contract is obtained in a timely fashion in order to deliver the contract to the customer
- Able to obtain and maintain a DOD clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 2 years of prior related experience in Government Contracting, or Graduate Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
- Experience in identifying and mitigating business risk in the terms of the contract
- Experience in administering the terms of the contract and coordinate with internal departments as required for compliance; following up on outstanding requests from various people within the organization; scheduling and attending a variety of conference calls to discuss and resolve contract issues
- Experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to understand and write contract phraseology; very detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with confidence. Exceptional planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and analytical skills.
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and many details
- Solid interpersonal skills in a fast-paced deadline-oriented and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills; minimum intermediate level skills for Microsoft Excel and Word
- Solid business analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and interact with members of the Business Development/Sales organization, the product team and, on occasion, the executive team
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.