Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc, Project Management
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20212010-71337
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Associate, Project Management
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
The Senior Associate Project Management function provides support to Program and Portfolio managers with project tasks or managing smaller projects within a program. As such, this project management role provides direction and leads specific production contracts as well as internal programs of the company. This role is also responsible for accomplishing project objectives by supporting the planning and assisting with the evaluation of project activities such as schedule review, production hardware tracking, and weekly meetings. This role will require interactions with all core team members including quality, supply chain management, program controls and contracts. The Senior Associate Project Management function is responsible for program budgets, cost reporting, coordination of resources, and customer interface under minimal supervision. In summary, this position is also expected to take a lead role in the execution of specific projects as defined by their manager.
- Manages and directs all phases of a project from inception to completion (including formal contract closeout).
- Project Management
- Able to manage minor projects within a program with the direction of a more senior program manager. Learn the nuances of customer interfacing and relationship building.
- Manage day to day aspects of the project as directed by the lead program manager with the goal of becoming proficient in cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities.
- Participate in program reviews to learn on to compile the program data and present in a clear and concise manner.
- Supports project objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Obtains necessary data from Planning, Engineering, Manufacturing, Field Services and Contracts to process and prepare quotations.
- Responsible for pricing of proposals, obtaining necessary approvals and formal submission of proposals to customer.
- Prepares forecast reports for management.
- Establishes and maintains project schedules.
- Prepares formal monthly reports for customer.
- Directs administration of contracts and acts as primary contact between the company and the customer.
- Responsible for tracking proposals within Sugar.
- Determines and coordinates shipping details.
- Responsible for reporting of: Actual Costs, Estimates to complete, Invoicing, and Receivables.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some knowledge and experience in managing project related tasks.
- Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contracts, Procurement, Quality, Administrative, and management personnel.
- Good communication skills including the ability to listen to team members and work as a team member to meet program objectives.
Education and/or Experiences:
Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.