Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Test Engineer (Manufacturing-2nd Shift)
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211310-70924
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Test Engineer (Manufacturing)
Job Code: IMS20211310-70924
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Shift: 2nd Shift
Under limited supervision, this position will use acquired Electrical Engineering skills to work closely with design and project engineers in the development of test procedures, processes that are comprehensive, efficient and reliable in the effort to increase the test yield at the system level.
- Works with Engineering in developing the appropriate design for test methodology for new and existing products
- Develops and validates Automated Test Programs and fixtures, as well as leads the selection of suitable test equipment for the manufacturing test process
- Coordinates with manufacturing floor and Failure Review Board team in reviewing test failure data and develops methods to continually reduce and eliminate test escapes
- Writes detailed test procedures needed for manufacturing test
- Provides training and guidance to manufacturing test group on proper use of test equipment and/or fixtures
- Provides estimates of labor and material required to satisfy proposal and contract requirements
- Coordinates and/or assists design engineers as needed on new product qualification tasks
- Assists manufacturing test technicians in trouble shooting, and/or repair failed test equipment and/or electronic assemblies
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Engineering or equivalent technical field, Electrical Engineering is preferred) and minimum 4 years of prior related experience in test engineering or technician role; or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in writing and/or creating LabView or equivalent test program for Automated Test Equipment
- Experience with drawings, parts lists, engineering orders, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics and repair procedures
- Experience with related test equipment used to test power and digital systems
- Experience in preparation of test procedures, troubleshooting complex electronic systems, and related test engineering tasks to ensure product’s performance meets customer requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in high power applications
- DoD contractor test experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks