Software Engineer Lead
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211004-59497
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineer Lead
Job Code: IMS20211004-59497
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position will perform software/algorithm/systems engineering assignments of wide complexity with considerable discretion. The engineer will be a lead-by-example role model for the iterative engineering development process from design into integration ending with product delivery.
Respected professional, subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and project management. Leads complex/large projects or processes with general oversight, both inside and outside of immediate job area. This involves delegation of work, review of work products and mentoring junior engineers. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes substantial improvements to systems and processes beyond the division. Contributes to achievement of department goals and operating plans with direct, material impact on the divisions.
This role will take general direction from the Software Engineering Manager. This position will actively work with peers and specialists across different disciplines to meet shared product milestones. Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other engineers.
- Lead, develop, configure, build and support software product on proprietary or open platforms for operational or algorithmic solutions. Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink modeling capabilities coupled with strong foundation in multi-tiered abstraction and solution oriented models described by UML.
- Bound functional requirements analysis, interpret architectural and design to requirement, execute development workflow with code quality.
- Analyze and decompose functional, behavioral, QoS and system level requirements into bounded work units. Demonstrate traceability and coverage for code & unit test through various tiers ending at customer requirements.
- Write, refine, automate and execute test procedures. Review test results to deduce (and address) defect root cause or test plan shortcomings. Differentiate variances between algorithmic defects against pre-production hardware prototypes.
- Continuously integrate, validate and deploy feature using MATLAB/Simulink simulations or other software unit test frameworks.
- Perform bids in response to customer RFP or as self-initiated project to obtain internal funding. Create and curate technical software & integration risk mitigation plans for multi-million revenue programs. Be a key role model for members of the development teams on task with unified goal.
- Ability to acquire/maintain a secret/security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen
- Experience with integrating both embedded software and control algorithm on target hardware from pre-production through product release.
- Expert experience with c/c++, python, git file system and modern development methodologies. Unfettered by proprietary intermediate languages and interpreters.
- Accountability experience with highly regulated (safety-critical) products & SDLC is essential. Pragmatic exposure to analog and digital circuity is important.
- Experience as a role model/lead in a collaborative development environment.
- Leadership experience with Objected Oriented Software Engineering. Proven track record of successful product deployment with proprietary toolchain and embedded software development & integration.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Awareness of high-energy or high-reliable and cyber-secured systems.
- Able to understand and update models in MATLAB/ Simulink. Working knowledge in control algorithms and/or power systems.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate among many parallel teams is essential.
- Be an effective communicator, critical thinker and excel as a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Ability to accelerate in an agile engineering workplace. Faith in metrics, openness and cooperation.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.