Senior Specialist, Program Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
This position provides overall direction and management to specific development and production contracts plus internal company programs while heavily influencing profit and loss (P&L). This role is responsible for accomplishing project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities including: proposal preparation and negotiation; program planning to include budgets and scheduling; program performance status and presentations; coordination of resources; and customer interface under minimal supervision. Additionally, this position is responsible for implementing improvements to the Program Management department.
- Manage proposal, design and development, product management, and internal research and development programs.
- Project Management
- Manages, with full authority, all phases of a project from inception to completion.
- Able to manage major projects and interface with all customers (internal and external) effectively.
- Manage day to day aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities.
- Conduct program reviews to ensure that product elements meet the contractual and business requirements.
- Manage budget and determine Estimate at Complete while identifying any cost growths and reasons for growth.
- Perform monthly program Earned Value analysis including EAC, CPI/SPI, and negative variance.
- Lead definition of project management plans (e.g. scope management plan, schedule management plan, budget, risk management plan, requirements, management plan, quality management plan, etc.)
- Achieves project objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production , productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Needs to be well versed in Product Development Processes including all phases of development, phase gate exit reviews and release to production.
- Proposal Development
- Lead work breakdown structure definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and high-level schedule creation.
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal approach and content.
- Internal Research and Development
- Manage small and agile teams to quickly and efficiently develop new technologies for project specific applications and new and emerging environments.
- Establish WBS and project management plan based on business needs for new IR&D given open scope and direction.
- Provide monthly budget, schedule, and status updates to Management for review and direction.
- Bachelor's degree required (engineering discipline is preferred) and minimum 6 years of prior related technical experience. Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related technical experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have experience managing complex, multi-million dollar projects or programs.
- Preferred experience in related DoD (Department of Defense) project/program management.
- Experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Broad based knowledge and experience in order to manage and direct design and development activity across the engineering functions.
- Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; strong analytical skills.
- Inclusive management style: able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contracts, Procurement, Quality, Administrative, and management personnel.
- Stellar communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills for internal and external customers.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation, and arbitration skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance, active clearance preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.