Senior Manager, Quality
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20210904-59442
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Quality
Job Code: IMS20210904-59442
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
The Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Maritime Power Systems-Anaheim (MPS-Anaheim) Quality Assurance Senior Manager is responsible for Quality performance and execution across the Anaheim site. This position will oversee areas of Internal Audits, Program Quality, Quality Engineering and Quality Support, working closely with Supplier Quality and Quality Control. This position will lead these groups in making significant improvements in processes, systems, or products and establish short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
The Quality Assurance Senior Manager will report directly to the Anaheim Site Operations leader.
- Works with senior leadership and cross functionally with Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, Quality Control, etc. to ensure right first time Quality performance and customer success through Issue resolution and RCCA implementation, risk assessments and mitigation (ie DFMEA, PFMEAs), and implementing mistake-proof solutions to address internal nonconformance, COPQ, customer escape drivers, etc.
- Oversees Quality Corrective Action Board (CAB) and Zero Defect Planning (ZDP) implementation to drive Quality performance and a Zero Defect/Escape mentality
- Supports relevant aspects of New Product Development (NPD) phases, including APQP
- Lead and/or support Customer engagements (visits, events, etc.)
- Develops and executes strategy to achieve/exceed key strategic metric categories: COPQ, Customer Escapes, DPPM/defect reduction, First Pass Yield, etc.
- Ensure compliance to industry, regulatory, and statutory standards including, but not limited to DOD, FAA, federal, state, and local regulations, etc.
- Lead projects, provides training, logistical and infrastructural assistance for quality initiatives
- Responsible for developing and implementing inspection planning, testing and evaluation standards, methods, and procedures to verify product reliability, repeatability and reproducibility
- Lead the preparation and execution of internal audits within established manufacturing and production controls to ensure compliance with internal and external specifications and standards
- Develop budget, monitor expenditures
- Able to obtain and maintain a DOD Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 12 years prior related experience and extensive knowledge of ISO qualifications, or Graduate degree with minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- Experience in the electro-mechanical manufacturing industry with Quality Assurance and Operational Excellence background
- Requires management and leadership experience in job area
- Exceptional knowledge, experience using Quality tools and principles (APQP, PPAP, ZDP, FMEA, etc.) in high mix/low volume business model
- Good understanding of/experience in Industry standards such as ISO9001:2015, AS9100, AS9145, etc.
- Experience in analyzing information or data and ability to identify trends
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Results-oriented, empowering leader with direct experience exceling in a matrixed environment
- Influential leader with good emotional intelligence and ability to coach and develop
- Interpersonal skills: Engaging communicator, strong collaboration, patience, and open minded
- Exceptional written, analytical and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, project management skills
- Capable of influencing a wide range of audience, and having demonstrated leadership skills to win support without direct reporting structure
- Formulate strategic vision, define implementation plan of action to achieve success
- Track record of building teams
- Hold a Secret (or higher level) Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.