On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Code: IMS20203107-48632
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position provides overall direction and management to specific development and production contracts plus internal company programs while heavily influencing profit and loss (P&L). This role is responsible for accomplishing project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities including: proposal preparation and negotiation; program planning to include budgets and scheduling; program performance status and presentations; coordination of resources; and customer interface under minimal supervision. Additionally, this position is responsible for implementing improvements to the Program Management department.
- Manage proposal, design and development, product management, and internal research and development programs.
- Project Management
- Manages, with full authority, all phases of a project from inception to completion.
- Able to manage major projects and interface with all customers (internal and external) effectively.
- Manage day to day aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities.
- Conduct program reviews to ensure that product elements meet the contractual and business requirements.
- Manage budget and determine Estimate at Complete while identifying any cost growths and reasons for growth.
- Perform monthly program Earned Value analysis including EAC, CPI/SPI, and negative variance.
- Lead definition of project management plans (e.g. scope management plan, schedule management plan, budget, risk management plan, requirements, management plan, quality management plan, etc.)
- Achieves project objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production , productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Needs to be well versed in Product Development Processes including all phases of development, phase gate exit reviews and release to production.
- Proposal Development
- Lead work breakdown structure definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and high-level schedule creation.
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal approach and content.
- Internal Research and Development
- Manage small and agile teams to quickly and efficiently develop new technologies for project specific applications and new and emerging environments.
- Establish WBS and project management plan based on business needs for new IR&D given open scope and direction.
- Provide monthly budget, schedule, and status updates to Management for review and direction.
- Bachelor's degree required (engineering discipline is preferred) and minimum 6 years of prior related technical experience. Or Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related technical experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have experience managing complex, multi-million dollar projects or programs.
- Preferred experience in related DoD (Department of Defense) project/program management.
- Experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Broad based knowledge and experience in order to manage and direct design and development activity across the engineering functions.
- Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; strong analytical skills.
- Inclusive management style: able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contracts, Procurement, Quality, Administrative, and management personnel.
- Stellar communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills for internal and external customers.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation, and arbitration skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance, active clearance preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Earned Value
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
No Recently Viewed Jobs
Notice of Collection of Personal Information for California Residents
To Applicants for Employment Positions or Independent Contractor Engagements
This Notice of Collection for California Residents explains how L3Harris Technologies, Inc., its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “L3Harris”, “we” or “us”) collect and use your personal information when you submit it to us by website, email, paper, or other method to apply for employment with L3Harris or for work as an independent contractor. Note that, in many cases, we will supplement the information you provide with (a) background check results and, where relevant, driving record information from third parties; (b) other information from third parties that you instruct or authorize to send information to us; and (c) any relevant information from publicly available sources.
If you are a prospective employee, the categories of personal information listed below that we receive will be used to assess your suitability as an L3Harris employee, to evaluate your qualifications for available or anticipated employment positions at L3Harris, and for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated employment positions at L3Harris during that time.
If you are a prospective independent contractor, the categories of personal information listed below that we receive will be used to assess your suitability for available or anticipated engagements to perform work for L3Harris as an independent contractor, and for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated engagements to perform work for L3Harris as an independent contractor during that time.
The categories of personal information we may collect and process (but only to the extent and in a manner that is consistent with applicable law) are as follows:
- Personal identifiers and demographics. L3Harris collects personal identifiers (such as your name, contact information, Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number) and demographic information (such as your date of birth). Sensitive identifiers such as Social Security, passport, and driver’s license numbers should only be collected when there is a need for those identifiers (for example, to comply with immigration requirements or for the purposes of obtaining driving records or background checks).
- Job preference information. L3Harris will receive the information you submit about your job preferences (such as the posting and description of the job to which you apply, your compensation expectations, and your preferred start date).
- Professional, employment, and education information. L3Harris collects professional and employment-related information (such as information in your cover letter and resume/CV and a list of skills) and education information (such as certifications, license, academic transcripts, and confirmations of attendance at an educational institution).
- Health-related information. L3Harris may receive health-related information from you that is relevant to your application, such as when you provide information about your ability to perform certain job functions, the need for accommodations, or a disability. Please note that this notice is not intended to address any health information generated or maintained in connection with the L3Harris group health plan(s), which is governed by the US Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and is addressed separately in the other notices, policies, and procedures.
- Protected class information. L3Harris may receive protected class information from you as defined by applicable law (such as race, gender, copies of citizenship and right to work information, and veteran status).
- Comments. L3Harris receives any comments and messages you submit along with your job applications.
- Background check and public records information. With your permission, L3Harris may receive background check results and information contained in public government records (such as work history, credit history, driving records, criminal records, and court records).
- Publicly available information. L3Harris may review publicly available social media pages and other public Internet postings, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- Signature Data. L3Harris collects your signature and related authentication details in connection with any documents you electronically or physically sign and provide to L3Harris. This information may be used to maintain the integrity of our processes, enforce rights, prevent fraud, and validate your identity.
In addition, we may automatically collect other categories of personal information when you use a L3Harris website to submit your application to us. We use this information to provide and improve our website and job application processes, for anti-fraud purposes, and to create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain job postings. These additional categories may consist of:
- Online identifiers. L3Harris may collect your IP address and other online identifiers when you use L3Harris websites.
- Website activity information. L3Harris may monitor and collect L3Harris website activity information, such as website clicks, content and page views, and the website each visitor visited prior to our website.
Note that application information may be collected by us directly through our website or by email, and/or application information may be collected on our behalf by our contracted third-party administrators.
If you have any questions concerning the above, please contact us at privacy.info@L3Harris.com