Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Principal, Proposal Management
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20232501-96205
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Proposal Management Principal is responsible for all phases of the Proposal Development process for L3Harris Maritime Power and Energy Solutions, including coordination of solicitations, preparation, internal distribution, and sign-off. This position reports to the Director of Program Management and works in a matrixed environment with Contracts, Business Development, Pricing, Finance, and the PMO office.
The Proposal Management Principal manager supports business capture of Production, Spares, Repairs, and Aftermarket opportunities for all programs and platforms across the division. The position develops Sole-Source and Competitive Proposal bids for opportunities ranging from $5k modifications to multi-year contracts with values in excess of $200M+ dollars. The role is responsible for leading, coordinating, and providing Proposal expertise to all lines of business, including DoD, Commercial, and International end markets.
The Senior Proposal Manager will:
• Own the Proposal Action Plan and schedule, facilitating status meetings to ensure all Proposals are actioned in a timely manner.
• Coordinate the Proposal team, conducting Proposal kick-off events and managing Proposal Development phase reviews.
• Ensure all Proposals are compliant with regulatory requirements and aligned with the L3Harris business priorities and values.
• Enhance customer relationships with best-in-class Proposal structure, content, and submissions across the division.
• Directly review and strip out requirements from RFP, and plan, develop, and submit compelling Proposals in response.
• Work closely with the Engineering, Pricing, and Manufacturing teams to ensure technical feasibility and minimize cost/schedule variance risk.
• Work closely with Business Development to ensure the Proposal process is optimized for new business capture.
• Solicit, collate and present feedback on proposal outcomes (win/lose) and recommend strategies based on lessons learned.
• Regularly review and improve the Proposal process in conjunction with functional organizations across the business.
• Utilize strategic tools and metrics to review and present Proposal outcomes, perform market analysis, and conduct competitive assessments.
• Assess emerging market opportunities, risks, and outlooks.
• Support program Financial, Schedule, and Technical performance development and startup.
- BS in Technical Discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in proficient Proposal development and management techniques
- Experience in government contracting and contract acquisition practices
- Understanding of the federal procurement process and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
- Must have Proposal capture experience, directly interfacing with the procurement arm of large DoD organizations
- Must have strong written communication skills supporting the ability to create clear proposal content, work with tight deadlines, effectively communicate with clients, partners, and peers, negotiate positive outcomes, and be flexible and comfortable multitasking in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to interpret bid/solicitation requirements and Proposal response strategy and creative approaches to specific opportunities
- Proposal management training, including knowledge of relevant industry best practices
- Ability to prepare and monitor proposal compliance matrices
- Demonstrated leadership experience in pursuit and capture of new business.
- US Citizenship required
- Minimal travel required
- Experience with electrical power infrastructure and subsystems is a strong plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to track, manage and communicate changes to Proposal scope and content
- Master of Business Administration strongly preferred
- PMP strongly preferred
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $102,500 - $190,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.