Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manufacturing Technician D (Test)
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220605-81894
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician D (Electrical Testing-high voltage)
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Under limited supervision conducts evaluation, diagnostic, integration and final acceptance testing of airborne, commercial, surface ship and sub-surface vessel electronic equipment using established procedures. Troubleshoots problems to component level. Utilizes general testing equipment, which includes but is not limited to, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, AC/DC clamp on ammeters, HiPot testers, LCR meters, Automated Test Equipment, and custom made test fixtures and test consoles. In the absence of established procedures, confers with Lead Test Technician, Supervisor Engineering Test – Mfg., or Sustaining Engineer. Properly documents all test findings as required and directed by departmental procedures.
- Tests and troubleshoots complex Printed Wiring Assemblies, Subassemblies, Modules and Systems using Functional Test Procedures, Individual Acceptance Test Procedures, Technical Repair Standard Procedures, Quality Test Instructions, Return Acceptance Test Procedures, and Factory Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Performs Factory Acceptance Test of completed systems using Quality Test Instructions and Factory Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Identifies non-conforming material and initiates Material Discrepancy Reports, FR/FF reports in TipQA, and Break-Out Shop Orders, as applicable.
- Programs and verifies programmable integrated circuits using approved procedures and Quality Assurance software.
- Identifies and initiates changes to test documents using a Quality Test Change Request form.
- Documents information for failure analysis and reporting using the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System and Failure Analysis Reports.
- As required, supports Engineering for First Article testing and Qualification testing.
- As directed by management, tests and troubleshoots test equipment, custom made Test Fixtures and Test Sets using available documentation.
- Assists manufacturing test technicians in trouble shooting, and/or repair failed test equipment and/or electronic assemblies
- Generate test procedures for new products or test improvements.
- Provide training to test technicians on proper use and care of test fixtures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read, understand and accurately follow Engineering Orders, Quality procedures, Test procedures, and operating instructions.
- Must have a good working knowledge of basic analog and digital components and circuitry.
- Must be able to correctly analyze and interpret drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, and specifications.
- Must be able to correctly document specific details of each test failure encountered, as well as document and update daily status of each assigned repair.
- Must be adept at utilization and operation of general electronic test equipment.
- Must be able to work well with interdepartmental personnel.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within defined time limitations.
- Be able to work around high voltage as in 700VDC, 480VAC, current in excess of 6000 Amps & Power > 200KW.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree preferred. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school required and a minimum of eight years related experience and/or training.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.