Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Software Engineering (Anaheim, CA)
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20221306-83986
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Lead, Software Engineer shall perform professional level software/ algorithm/ systems engineering assignments of wide complexity with considerable discretion. The engineer shall provide support for the iterative engineering development process from design into integration ending with product delivery.
Senior professional, subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Following general guidelines and accepted technical approaches, the individual performs tasks as assigned:
- Develop, configure, build and support algorithm or software binaries on custom hardware. Integrate and validate feature against MATLAB/ Simulink models.
- Lead analysis of functional requirements, interpret architectural and design to requirement, execute and lead development workflow and maintain code quality.
- Analyze functional and system level requirements. Demonstrate and lead efforts to implement and maintain full traceability of software source code, MATLAB/Simulink models, and derived actual executables with the customer requirements completely and concretely and produce detailed reports to sustain the claim.
- Write, refine and follow test procedures. Review test results to deduce (and address) defect root cause or test plan shortcomings. Demonstrate test plan capacity to meet feature and system level requirements.
The Lead, Software Engineer shall take general direction of the software functional management. The engineer shall actively work with peers and specialists across different disciplines to meet shared product milestones. Work is performed with general oversight. Shall manage large projects or processes that are both inside and outside of immediate job area. Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees. Responsible for managing complex projects at this level, involving delegation of work and review of work products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Must be experienced in leading software integration and hands-on software/hardware/cross-functional integration troubleshooting collaborator.
- Working knowledge on CPEC toolchain based development is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience with integrating embedded software and control algorithm on target hardware from pre-production through product release.
- Able to understand and update product models in MATLAB/ Simulink is preferred. Working knowledge in control algorithms and/or power systems is a plus.
- Must have effective communication skills and be able to work as a member to a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Experienced in Objected Oriented Code and knowledge on custom embedded toolchain and source code to binary generation
- Working experience in model based software development.
- Exposure and ability to work with Agile development tool for work tracking.
Works to achieve operational targets with direct impact on the departmental results. Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Exposure to high power products (and circuitry design) is very helpful
- Must be a U. S. Citizen
- Ability to acquire/maintain a secret/ security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.