Lead, Continuous Improvement
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211604-59836
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Continuous Improvement
Job Code: IMS20211604-59836
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
The Continuous Improvement Lead, reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering, under limited supervision, provides coordination and execution of activities related to strategy and continuous improvement (E3) Excellence, Everywhere, Everyday. The Lead provides a broad range of support to improve the productivity and effectiveness of both production and back-office processes and environments. This role is responsible for creating followership and buy-in through the facilitation of continuous improvement workshops and events. The position is a key conduit for communication with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters requiring coordination between all levels in the organization. The position promotes a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will use lean and six sigma knowledge of CI tools along with proven leadership competencies to develop and foster a culture of CI, lead improvement activities involving employees from all levels of the organization and drive the formation and coordination of the business improvement portfolio of strategies. This will include developing the inputs from operational metrics, internal and external customer feedback, employee feedback and executive direction to identify challenges and help facilitate finding solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for leading improvement projects/events and process accountability, and coordinating with leadership to deliver the necessary outputs that will drive the business outcomes. Support of root cause analysis and corrective action teams will also be a critical part of the position.
- Develops and drives a continuous improvement roadmap, support of root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Partners with business and functions to identify and capture process improvement opportunities.
- Participate as a member of the Continuous Improvement team driving results throughout the company and sector.
- Facilitates continuous improvement events and conduct classroom training when needed.
- Drive efforts to identify and coordinate the planning for Kaizen events and projects; including objectives, root cause analysis, tool identification and team structure; conduct Value Stream Mapping process.
- Lead 5S deployment throughout the plant in both manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Ensures follow up actions are addressed from continuous improvement events.
- Make effective decisions in the absence of supervisor or key personnel.
- Develops training material as required to support continuous improvement activities.
- Own facilitation of monthly Operations and Strategic Goal Deployment reviews.
- Manage budgets & expenses for E3 Continuous Improvement department and recommends savings by driving cost savings efforts through cycle time.
- Lead E3 efforts and drive cost savings to meet company goals.
- Improve Gemba and Lean assessment maturity to meet company goals.
- Coach and train the site leadership team: Black and Green belts; must be able to conduct training in a classroom environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Management.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience in operations/manufacturing/engineering related work experience, preferably in both high and low volume mix model production; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in a MIL-SPEC or Compliance industry
- Recognized Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is required
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Classroom/teaching experience required to coach and train the site leadership team: Black and Green belt
- Experience developing processes, writing procedures and training hourly and exempt associates
- Experience in creating and executing influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Certified Kaizen Leader (lean practitioner) in multiple lean tools
- APICs Training/Certificate
- Solid Value Stream Mapping experience
- Exceptional written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills
- Solid math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Supervisory experience with manufacturing/engineering experience
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines on schedule and within forecasted budget
- Demonstrated success in translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.