Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211004-59503
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Final Inspector
Job Code: IMS20211004-59503
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Responsible for performing inspections, tests and/or audits of purchased parts, units, materials, equipment, panel/module level assemblies and quality control programs to specifications. Interprets manufacturing drawings, diagrams, specifications and lists to approve or reject units, test setups, or systems for in process or final assemblies. Inspects and may perform minor rework on defective or malfunctioning units or systems. Maintains support documentation and performs sampling and testing of incoming components, raw materials, and build of assemblies. Reviews and reports performance data. Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company and test standards. Determines or assists in determining methods and procedures necessary for inspection. May interface with customer quality representatives or suppliers. Fully proficient support individual contributor. Works under limited supervision. May be a resource to other employees in areas of expertise. Assignments are moderately difficult requiring some judgment.
- Compare work order/document package to the assembly for correct part number, drawing, revision, as-required approval(s), and Engineering Change Order(s).
- Verify previous operations are performed and accepted. Ensure related documents are listed at the beginning of the shop order.
- Check physical appearance of parts, subassemblies and assemblies for adherence to established industry workmanship standards, such as damage, solder quality, component orientation, and wiring.
- Inform the supervisor and/or lead of production of any assembly problems, and generate a non-conformance document.
- Perform assembly-related mechanical and dimension inspection using scales, micrometer and calipers.
- Perform / verify requirements as outlined in process specifications (for example, fluorescent light examination of conformal coating of circuit boards).
- Maintain a variety of records and inspection documents to comply with customer retention requirements.
- Completed assigned surveillance audits.
- Support less experienced inspectors, by assisting and providing guidance with informal training that utilize/reference company and industry specifications and standards. Formally train, as required.
- Interface with internal counterparts in Engineering, Production, Planning, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Contracts, and internal DCMA.
- Perform surveillance/verification of assembly workmanship, equipment calibration, manufacturing process, and test process, and other related duties, as assigned.
- Verify assembly work order test results for completeness and correctness to the test requirements and limits.
- Support the Shipping Inspection process, when requested.
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills. High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience in line/in-process inspection or final inspection or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- IPC certification/experience
- Electro-mechanical experience
- Military/DOD knowledge/experience
- Excellent attention to detail
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.