Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20210804-59433
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Operations
Job Code: IMS20210804-59433
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
The Director of Operations for the Maritime Power Systems Division’s Anaheim and Gardena locations is responsible for strategic and daily execution of the operations function, including manufacturing, quality, continuous improvement, and EH&S for all programs within the business. This individual will report to the Maritime Power Systems Operations Division leader and will provide dotted line support to the Anaheim Site Leader.
- Lead multi-disciplinary operation in manufacturing, quality, continuous improvement and EH&S
- Develop and implement strategies to meet cost, quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, EHS, and continuous improvement commitments
- Develop a world-class operations team through staffing, training, and talent management initiatives while serving as a role model for integrity, inclusion, and diversity
- Drive employee engagement through:
- Leader of standard work
- Factory Gemba walk process
- Quality improvements and zero defect strategies
- Comprehensive, proactive safety initiatives
- Lean deployment
- Mistake Proofing / Poke Yoke
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Maintain responsibility for succession planning, organizational and talent development
- Facilitate Operations, Manufacturing and Quality participation in design development to identify and address manufacturability, testability and inspectability issues
- Collaborate with Program Management, Supply Chain, and other functional organizations across the site
- Lead the organization in the development and implementation of operating philosophies and business strategies
- Develop, implement and sustain success metrics, incorporating best practices, and effectively communicating improvements
- Effectively manage behavior, performance, and key deliverables across a matrix organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or similar field with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience in a manufacturing environment, or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience
- 10 years of experience in an Operations function leadership role with in-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing methods, lean methodology, production planning, quality management systems
- Fundamental experience in EHS to drive zero injury plans with a proactive approach
- Proven ability to identify performance issues and implement the necessary changes in a timely and effective manner
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- An effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build stable, effective teams and create followership
- Exceptional experience implementing a metric driven approach across all Operations functions
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree in management
- Experience in the following fields of Operational Excellence:
- Understanding of lean principals around pull systems, mix/max controls, etc.
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) for manufacturing
- One Piece Flow or Pull System manufacturing flow
- Rood Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Visual Factory
- Gemba implementation
- Knowledge of ISO9001:AS9100D and QMS adherence
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning and other proactive quality tools
- Experience deploying proactive safety indicatives’ to drive zero injuries
- Development of forward looking supply chain imitative to increase supply chain resiliency
- Aerospace & Defense electronics experience, mixed model factory experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.