Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Assoc Mgr, Production Planning
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220108-87789
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Associate Manager, Production Planning
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
The Manager, Production Planning is responsible for the management and administration of companywide Master Schedule established to control overall planning of production, inventory management, capacity planning, meeting company financial goals, and meeting customer’s expectations, as well as other activities in-accordance with customer’s contract requirements and management’s planned sales forecast. This position will also oversee day to day WIP to ensure timely deliveries are met. They will work with cross-functional groups within operations and programs such as shipping/receiving, quality, manufacturing, engineering, etc.
- Develops and maintains level loaded master schedule as required to achieve MPS operating plan.
- Manages Production Planning personnel and coordinates with Project Management and Manufacturing to identify and resolve capacity issues on a daily basis.
- Prioritize schedules in response to shift in customer requirement, capacity constraints or sales changes.
- Analyze MRP variance issues and make appropriate schedule adjustments while monitoring schedule attainment on a daily basis.
- Leading and managing a production control and planning team.
- Oversee production WIP to ensure delivers are met on-time
- Working with stockroom manager, confirm finished goods inventory strategy supports customer and company objectives.
- Working with operations, programs, supply chain and other groups to ensure objectives and goals are met.
- Prepares and updates master schedule spreadsheet information and generates written reports (metrics, risk assessment, variance analysis, corrective action plan) as required.
- Reports out to senior and executive level
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, tactics, and employees within a team
- Typically has comprehensive knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline and may have broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 6 years prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- APICS CPIM certification a plus
- Experience in collaborating with a Program Management and Engineering centered organization to support IPT requirements
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP and Advance Planning tools such as DELTEK Costpoint and SAP
- Experience with the application of Lean Methodology in the Capacity Optimization space
- Prior experience in a turnaround environment
- Experience with MS office
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.