Sr Spec, Program Finance
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20211204-59539
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Program Finance, Pricing
Job Code: SAS20211204-59539
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Responsible for managing and preparing complex competitive and sole source pricing bids. Performs analyses on cost estimates to ensure that all bids are current, accurate and complete required by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Works with external customers to ensure timely contract award that fits customer schedule/requirements. Negotiates pricing to ensure financial goals are met for L3Harris. Reviews final negotiated pricing with Program Finance to ensure baseline budget is achievable.
- Review Request for Proposals (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) for specific cost requirements. Works with Business Development and guides all proposal team members in understanding these requirements.
- Works with all estimators to ensure compliant proposal to the RFP. Helps develop cost estimates for all functions. Reviews cost estimates to ensure accuracy. Provides guidance on complex cost issues that could arise from SOW.
- Develops cost/price volume in compliance with the RFP, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Reviews cost/price with functional leadership and senior leadership
- Works with all functional estimators and prepares responses to fact find questions to ensure timely negotiations
- Supports negotiation team to ensure financial goals are met
- Mentors junior level employees and teaches best practices for pricing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior finance experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior finance experience.
- 2+ Years' Experience with Peoplesoft preferred
- 2+ Years' Experience with ProPricer preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong Excel/Powerpoint Skills
- Experience in Government/DoD finance with an understanding of government required cost structures, FAR, DFARS, CAS, and GAAP
- The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and communication skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.