Sr. Quality Inspector
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20210403-57549
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Quality Inspector
Job Code: SAS20210403-57549
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Responsible for performing inspections, tests and/or audits of purchased parts, units, materials, equipment, panel/module level assemblies and quality control programs to specifications. Interprets manufacturing drawings, diagrams, specifications and lists to approve or reject units, test setups, or systems for in process or final assemblies. Inspects and may perform minor rework on defective or malfunctioning units or systems. Maintains support documentation and performs sampling and testing of incoming components, raw materials, and build of assemblies. Reviews and reports performance data. Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company and test standards. Determines or assists in determining methods and procedures necessary for inspection. May interface with customer quality representatives or suppliers.
- Certified or certifiable to J-STD, IPC-610
- Performs First Article Inspection IAW AS9102 requirements
- Responsible for inspection of components and soldering of electronic assemblies, sub-assemblies, and chassis, primarily Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs), Low Volt Power Supplies (LVPS), High Volt Power Supplies (HVPS) to ensure conformance to contractual specifications.
- Proficient knowledge of inspection techniques including verification of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing against engineering drawings
- Proficient knowledge of inspection techniques including microscope, micrometers, calipers and scales
- Inspects and approves incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting, documenting, and returning nonconforming materials
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes rework and waste, and inputs data into TipQA
- Helps QA team and Division meet performance goals by completing assigned tasks, as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years applicable inspection experience in electronics industry
Preferred Additional Skills:
- IPC-610 or J-STD certification
- Experience with computers including skills such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience communicating with all levels of personnel, in writing and verbally
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.