Sr Associate, Production Planning
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20210503-57640
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Production Planning
Job Code: SAS20210503-57640
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors final approval of products through the complete production cycle to meet production requirements. Works from engineering plans and production specifications to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Advises management of the status of work in progress, coordinates with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain and interfaces with engineering and program management as well as external customers. Ensures availability of materials and labor to meet production requirements and delivery commitments. Works to resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Performs planning and scheduling functions involved with coordinating products and materials through various production phases
- Analyzes ERP/MRP outputs from Master Production Schedule to plan specific production and material requirements from top level Bill Of Materials for a designated segment of item numbers
- Implements planned production schedules, labor loading, and capacity requirements, providing effective support of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) through the development and generation of accurate and timely production orders and material movement documentation
- Develops the sub assembly kitting plan that supports the weekly rates as established from the MPS. Communicates the weekly and monthly rates to the cell expeditor to convey the shop schedule.
- Collects and analyzes data and prepares reports including recommendations to meet internal and external demands for materials and finished goods
- Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping
- Monitors actual production and material movement to assess performance against plan and take steps to work through other Planners or functional team members to resolve problems and meet delivery schedules
- Coordinates activities between various departments, including material management, engineering and manufacturing to ensure smooth introduction of new products into production, incorporating all required changes and ensuring compliance with delivery schedules
- Support appropriate program Engineering Change Notice (ECN) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities
- Performs root cause analysis and determine corrective actions on internal quality, inventory, process, or associated problems
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., securely. Role requires actively moving product through the facility about 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Prior experience using MS Office programs, enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), and manufacturing execution systems (MES)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in production planning and scheduling of high reliability electronics for military and government systems
- Knowledge and/or experience with Cincom Control ERP and FactoryLogix MES
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification
- Experience with AS9100 quality standards and common military specifications
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.