Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Quality Engineering (Alpharetta, GA)
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20221205-82212
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Quality Engineering
Job Code: SAS20221205-82212
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job Description: Performs a variety of quality-related functions in support of regulatory, customer, and company requirements/objectives. Coordinates/develops/monitors/maintains necessary metrics, procedures, controls, and/or programs to assure compliance/conformance to regulatory, customer, and company requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform product quality audits to assure compliance with customer, drawing, internal, and regulatory requirements
- Perform system audits in support of the Quality Management System
- Coordinate close out of audit findings
- Coordinate needed actions to support continued ISO/AS9100 certification
- Provides liaison activities with customers, suppliers, and Integrated Product Team members on all quality-related activities.
- Perform root-cause, containment, proper corrective and preventive actions on non-conformances, customer returns, and /or Production quality escapes.
- Review, identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
- Perform review of bid and proposal quality clauses and provide compliance matrix
- Perform review of customer quality clauses, quality documents and provide compliance matrix
- Support Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
- Review trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing rejects, supplier history, etc., and provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform design review activities including inspections and conformance to customer requirements. Provide recommendations for improvement
- Interfaces with all departments at all levels
- Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers
- Develop and manage data and metrics using Data Visualization tools and advanced excel.
- MRB/ECN Board representation and duties
- Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.,
- Employs mistake-proofing techniques
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data
- Identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L3Harris Ethics Standards. Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering.
- 5 or more years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in Aerospace/Defense parts manufacturing or Automotive parts manufacturing considered, as well as planning experience in an electronics manufacturing environment with some experience related to custom products.
- Knowledgeable of concepts, practices, policies/procedures, internal engineering, manufacturing and project management functions.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills. Excellent Team Player with ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with AS9100, D0-178, D0-254 and aviation regulations (required for Government Quality Engineers)
- Working knowledge of quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, SQC, DOE, ANOVA, etc.). Prior experience in APQP/PPAP activities a plus.
- Proficient with quality systems software and business desktop software programs
- Experience in quality analysis techniques (statistical analysis, problem solving, process mapping, SPC, Root Cause and CAPA process)
- Interact effectively with management, peers, and other employees relative to quality and technical issues.
- Management using key metrics such as First-pass Yield, Cost-of-Poor Quality, Key characteristics, and Data mining skills.
- The individual must have demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum oversight and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Program/Hardware Quality Engineering Function
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Reliability Engineering.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior experience in Aerospace/Defense/Electronic systems a big plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.