Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20210403-57602
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: SAS20210403-57602
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Develops, implements, and analyzes manufacturing engineering plans and projects, and communicates them to internal and external customers. Defines, develops and transfers manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems. Develops manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes. Actively participates with engineering project teams in order to coordinate the release of new products. Estimates and tracks manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Maintain manufacturing procedures for all manufacturing processes and provide recommendations and rationalizations for improvements.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes through observation, measurement, and data collection and analysis.
- Work closely with Purchasing, Quality, and Engineering for quality control and development of raw materials and components.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs in support of new business proposals.
- Review discrepant materials and make recommendation for disposition; assist vendors and subcontractors to resolve operating or material problems and responsible for ensuring delivery of defect-free products from suppliers.
- Assume responsibility of safety & environmental compliance and performance of processes.
- Participate in the process of evaluating and purchasing new equipment and/or upgrades to existing equipment.
- Achieve operational performance targets in support of departmental and business results.
- Investigate new technology, material flow, plant layout, and assembly process improvements. Specify manufacturing equipment and develop justifications for the purchase of capital equipment.
- Support prototypes, expedites, and design for manufacturability (DFM) recommendations
- Responsible for training of assembly and process personnel.
- Applies Lean Manufacturing as a means to eliminate waste, reduce process variation and to deliver products that meet customer expectations, while promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Perform root cause analysis and determine corrective actions on internal quality, processes, or associated problems.
- Participate in preventative maintenance planning, assist in troubleshooting, and support repair of production equipment.
- Develop, maintain, and manage project schedules.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or relevant degree program with a minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior experience in planning, implementing and improving manufacturing processes.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior experience with AS9100 quality standards and common military specifications.
- Prior working knowledge of MIL/IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies, including ESD and FOD.
- Ability to execute troubleshooting, problem-solving, and decision-making within assembly and testing of electronic products.
- Prior experience with electronics in a Defense/Aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead teams through conflict, clarify objectives, and develop consensus and buy-in as required .
- Strong computer skills using MS Office programs, manufacturing execution systems (MES), enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), and computer aided design (CAD).
- Knowledge of Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Process Control Plans (PQCP).
- Ability to manage numerous tasks, projects, and priorities with high-levels of ownership to achieve successful outcomes.
- Background in developing manufacturing processses and NPI experience.
- Knowledge and experience creating process failure effects mode analyses (PFMEA).
- Experience with implementing PLCs and process automation .
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification.
- J-STD / IPC certification.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.