Senior Specialist, Procurement
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20211803-58307
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Procurement
Job Code: SAS20211803-58307
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
- This individual will manage a portfolio of complex procurement acquisitions with both new and existing programs.
- The qualified candidate must have a thorough understanding and experience with acquisition principles, theories, concepts, regulations, and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
- The candidate must be customer focused and possess the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to accurately report findings and procurement status to a variety of audiences; and have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide cross-functional teams, customers and external suppliers.
- In addition to this skill set, the candidate will also be required to lead negotiations with suppliers for complex procurements.
- Review, plan, negotiate purchases in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Obtain written quotations from suppliers in support of competitive bidding.
- Managing suppliers to negotiate best pricing and lead-time.
- Work with suppliers to expedite purchase order deliveries.
- Attend production meetings in support of manufacturing requirements.
- Maintains accurate supplier, purchase order and department files, including MRB activites.
- Understands and utilizes the ASL (Approved Supplier List) in supporting the timely placement of purchase orders.
- As required searches out alternate vendors or supplies to mitigate supply risk.
- Oversees maintenance of an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Previous Procurement experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Recent experience buying in a DoD environment.
- Strong knowledge of DFAR, FAR.
- Understanding of purchasing requirements within AQ9100.
- Ability to manage multiple major Suppliers.
- Able to organize required documents within a paperless process.
- Well organized with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Master’s Degree, with minimum of 5 years of DoD procurement experience
- Strong Knowledge of ERP Systems.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.