Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Material Management (Alpharetta, GA)
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20231201-95683
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Spec, Material Manager
Job Code: SAS20231201-95683
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA.
- Master Production Schedule (MPS) and MRP (under general supervision):
- MPS maintenance and oversight; entry of item data and Bill of Material (BOM).
- Utilize complex functionality within MRP to maximize supply and demand management including breakpoint pegging, unique work queue management, and view code application; yield zero aged unassigned requirements, minimal aged floor stock levels, and no material issuance without a demand; mentor others.
- Manage timely and complete purchase requisition release to general procurement and subcontracts teams.
- Prioritize procurement expedite activities, kit, and floor shortages.
- Provide procurement support to facilitate purchase requisition to purchase order placement.
- Collaborate with Production Planning and Inventory/Warehouse/Logistics in the execution of the build plan.
- Expedite FMR and MTO approvals through the system.
- Develop management strategies for inventory not planned by MRP.
- Identify root causes of all demand or transactional errors and receiving issues (RDR); resolve and facilitatecorrective actions.
- Monitor and respond to internal cross functional metric trends related to that indicate early risks of supply chain disruptions.
- Accountable for program closeout of material related contractual obligations (e.g. deliveries and open commitments, subcontracts HFM, material account close-out, residual material disposition).
- Interact as a functional representative internally with management. Provide auditors requested information in a timely manner.
- Chair SCM program kick-off; prepare kick-off packages. As the Supply Chain point of contact (POC) for the program team (all functions), ensure timely issue resolution for questions, requests, requirements, and concerns.
- Mentor others.
- Education / experience (Material Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Marketing, Operations Management or Business Management):
- Master’s Degree and 4+ years Material Management/relevant experience* or
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years Material Management/relevant experience*
*Total relevant experience to be minimum 4 years in Material Management, and a combination of one or more of the following directly related to Supply Chain, MM, Material Planning, MRP/MPS, completed internship, coursework, or practical experience that demonstrates analytical ability, strategy development and execution.
- 4 years of experience using MRP systems software.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, WORD, Excel (including pivot tables, V-lookup, etc.), PowerPoint, etc.)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide array of management and professional levels and functions
- Understanding of and basic knowledge of the manufacturing process
- Experience working in the US DOD manufacturing industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.