Product Support Engineer (Electrical)
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20212801-55736
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Product Support Engineer (Electrical)
Job Code: SAS20212801-55736
Job Location:Alpharetta, GA
As a Product Support Engineer, you will lead collaboration and coordination efforts with Design Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and other disciplines, resolving issues that may arise during early design, prototypes, production builds, product testing, and the integration of our industry-leading products and systems. Responsible for investigating production test issues, including developing plans to determine root cause, establishing corrective and preventive actions, formally documenting the investigation, and tracking progress and providing status to both internal and external customers. This position is also responsible for supporting design engineers, and participating in technical reviews such as PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR, etc.
- Applies complex electrical engineering principles and techniques to support/lead design, development, documentation, verification, and manufacturing debug activities.
- Leads and conducts technical investigations, identifies root cause, conducts investigational test protocols, implements corrective actions, and develops investigation report.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Considers design for manufacturing through all phases of the development process.
- Directly interfaces with members of the product development team to produce high quality/dependable products
- Directly interfaces with Component Engineering and Purchasing teams to formulate effective obsolescence/cost/lead time mitigation solutions.
- Works under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation including, but not limited to, Engineering Change Proposals, and Engineering Change Notices.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Proficiency in operating electronics laboratory equipment including: digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes (DSO, Mixed Signal), logic analyzers, signal generators, DC power supplies, etc.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues down to circuit card assembly (CCA) and component level, including analog, digital, mixed-signal, and power.
- Thorough understanding of circuit card design processes including requirements generation, preliminary design (block diagram generation, long lead part identification), detailed design (schematic generation, simulation, place & route), test plan generation, and integration & test.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to read electrical schematics and wiring drawings.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Designer.
- Experience with Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS.
- Knowledge of analog and digital video standards.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board layout and fabrication, circuit card assembly process.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience integrating with firmware/software and leading lab integration activities.
- Experience with testing and qualification of the deliverable system.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.