Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Product Line Chief Engineer - Military Displays
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20231809-106161
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Product Line Chief Engineer - Military Displays
Job Code: SAS20231809-106161
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
The Product Line Chief Engineer (CE) - Military Displays is responsible for the technical execution on development programs. The Product Line Chief Engineer - Military Displays will partner with the Division level Chief Engineer, Engineering Managers, BDLs and Program Management leadership. This position will have visibility and interface with Executive leadership for Program briefings and will report directly to the Military Displays Division Chief Engineer, with dotted line reporting to the Product Line Director.
- Product Line level lead for Technical Baseline Reviews (TBRs), Proposal Cost Reviews (PCRs), and Independent Research and Development (IRAD) reviews
- Establish vision for technical direction of product line and ensure proper alignment with product and technical roadmaps
- Maintain technical rigor in engineering process and execution
- Lead and drive rigorous Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations
- Maintain Technical Program Measurement (TPM) metrics and utilize leading indicators to drive action on Programs
- Manage technical scope and technical change management
- Develop, present, and deliver comprehensive presentations to Executive leadership
- Ensure proper usage of risk and opportunity management
- Ensure proper resource management forecasting and staffing is in place
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement as evidenced by executed improvement projects
- Employee engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, or related Technical field with 12+ years of relevant experience - OR - Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering, or related Technical field with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance, US citizenship required
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and/or Cost Account Management (CAM) experience with cost and schedule responsibility experience
- Experience with monitoring the technical aspects of projects from initiation through completion and/or customer sell-off / acceptance
- Proven ability to clearly and succinctly present technical information and ideas, including strong executive level communication and presentation skills
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- New business capture experience
- Extensive Systems Engineering experience
- Experience with executing throughout the full avionics lifecycle, including requirements flowdown and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off
- Direct Government customer interface experience (e.g. US Air Force, US Navy, etc.)
- Functional management experience or direct involvement in resource management forecasting and placement
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: processing and advanced processing architectures, information assurance architectures, displays, open-systems standards and architectures, avionics sensors and pilot/vehicle interfaces, avionics software, avionics mechanical and thermal techniques, system integration and test
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.