L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: PCB Designer
Job Code: SAS20202409-50980
Job Location:Alpharetta, GA
Designs major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Utilizes CAD equipment to develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches and notes necessary to present design proposals. Investigates and makes decisions regarding pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Performs PCB design (placement, stack-up, routing, drawing generation) under the guidance of an Electrical Digital CCA Engineer.
- Processes new part requests by generating a representative PWB cell and merging it with the electrical engineer’s schematic symbol into the central parts database.
- Interfaces with ERP system to drive drawing and bill of material (BOM) releases/changes.
- Works with quality department on dispositioning PWB supplier variances.
- Works with local IT on Electrical Engineering design suite tool maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Able to work with a team of engineers and designers to generate product solutions.
- High School diploma and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience OR an Associate degree and minimum 2 years of prior related experience OR equivalent experience.
- Experience with signal integrity factors such as referencing, trace geometries, and tuning.
- Experience with PCB DFM limitations such as copper width/spacing, aspect ratio, solder mask registration, and via pad allowance.
- Knowledge of IPC standards and specifications.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Xpedition tool suite (preferred).
- Experience with Cadence Allegro.
- Understanding of copper plane sizing for current/voltage drop requirements.
- Understanding of dielectric material and DFM considerations for designing a stack-up.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.