Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineer
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20232308-105106
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20232308-105106
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
L3Harris, Military Displays Division, Systems engineering group, located in Alpharetta, GA, is looking for a highly motivated Lead, Avionics Development Systems Engineer with a passion for avionics development. As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will work on a team that develops state-of-art systems within the Aerospace industry for various Military and Commercial platforms. The selected candidate will be involved with all phases of systems engineering lifecycle development from requirements definitions, design, development, testing, and manufacturing of various airborne/ground products. In this position, the candidate will work on the initial product concept and interface with the customer on developing formal specifications and requirements. The candidate should be organized, have great communication and leadership skills, and have experience working in a collaborative Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment. The candidate should also have experience in technical management of avionics suppliers. Position may involve up to 5% - 10% travel to customers, suppliers, and L3Harris locations.
- Provide technical management through all phases of the system development lifecycle including requirements capture, system design, hardware and software integration, system validation, and verification
- Review systems-level documents, certification artifacts, including planning documents, verification, and validation summary documents, compliance/deviation reports from the suppliers
- Participate and technically contribute in program reviews (SRR, SDR,PDR,CDR,TRR, MRR etc..) throughout the product development lifecycle, including peer reviews, preliminary and detailed design reviews, and test readiness reviews.
- Hands-on experience in Requirements capture, Decomposition, Validation, and Verification
- Generating requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM), Design Verification Testing (DVT), and Acceptance Test Reports (ATP).
- Creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s), and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
- Well versed in Requirements capture tools such as DOORS, JAMA, etc.
- Experience with interfacing with engineering sub disciplines (EE, ME, SW, Test) to communicate requirements allocation
- Experience with generating and verifying requirements related to Built-in Self-Test (BIST), Continuous Test (CT) etc.
- Working with Commercial and military communications protocols (RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX) and ARINC 818 (Fiber)
- Working with internal Senior Engineering Management and Program Management providing direct support to external customers throughout the product development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineer and/or related Degree
- 8-10+ years of relevant Systems engineering development experience
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance, U.S. citizenship required
- Prior experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and functional Engineering team
- Experience working with Engineering Leadership and Program Management providing direct support for internal and or external customers
- Prior experience working on multiple concurrent projects with competing deadlines
- Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture, design, and decomposition methods.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- In depth working knowledge of Displays Technology (AMLCDs, OLEDs, LED)
- In depth understanding of Optical Characteristics of flight displays with additional knowledge of functions of Glass Manufacturer OEM’s.
- Experienced in Model Based Development (MBSE), behavioral modeling / simulation (e.g., UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration, and change management.
- Fundamental understanding of Radiometry, Photometry, and/or Color Sciences
- Proven ability to successfully plan Systems Engineering tasks for a project, meet schedule, cost, and performance goals during execution phase.
- Familiar with ARP-4754A, ARP-4761 and MIL-STD- 882E system and safety development process.
- Familiar with the FAA and MIL certification processes, associated supplemental type design, and Technical Standard Order (TSO) requirements.
- Familiarity with development objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C and DO-160 development processes
- Prior experience providing technical engineering documentation for proposal development and/or response
- Familiar with manufacturing build, test, quality, and customer acceptance review processes
- DOORS scripting experience is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.